Manipulation

(Would you guys be mad if I turned the attention like more to karlnap cause it's kinda harder to write about both povs and honestly I like karlnap more? I also have a lot planned for karl and sapnap in this ff. Like they will still be here just not as much)

⚠️TW: lots of abuse, mention of rape, mention of suicide, pills, knifes⚠️

Words: 1696

(this chapter will be confusing until you get to the part where it makes it not. Basically a time skip. Also this story is about to get fucked so yeah.)

He heard the crashing of glass when he came home. He was confused at what was happening. He knew his boyfriend had these episodes but nothing had happened at least he didn't think so. He had tried to break up with him many times over the past few months but each time resulted in him getting very angry and manipulative.

He had stopped trying to break up with him because of the things he would do. One time it got so bad that Karl had to beg him to stay with him. But he didn't even want to be with him so why would he say that?

It was manipulation and Karl ex was the best at it. Karl has always been not the boldest in arguments so when it got bad he felt trapped. There was no way out but just to give him what he wants and that always resulted in Karl feeling more lost than ever.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU." He screamed at Karl as he left the room he was once in. He looked him in the eyes and it was not the same person he once knew. It's like something was in him possessing him to do these things. How could someone change so quickly?

"Wha- what?" Karl said trying to understand what was happening.

"DID YOU TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT ONE NIGHT?" He screamed at Karl and the memories started to come back to him. The night. The night where he really didn't know who he was talking to. One thing he knew about his ex is that he always wanted more and when you told him no he didn't take no for an answer. And that's what happened that night, Karl didn't want it but he didn't have a choice because he knew worse things would happen if he didn't just let it happen.

Karl in fact didn't tell anyone about that night because of the fear that it would happen again and fear of this exact situation would happen that's happening right now. He wanted to tell people so bad about what had happened and that he needed help getting out of this relationship. But he couldn't, he was too scared.

"No I didn't tell anyone I promise I promise I promise I would never tell anyone." Karl said as he started to stutter over his words more and more. Tears began to fill his eyes as his anxiety started to grow in him. He didn't know what was gonna happen next and honestly anything could happen.

"You can't tell anyone about that night okay? It wasn't me I don't know why I did that but you know I love you and I will always love you." He said as he tried to grab Karls hands to comfort him but Karl finally had enough of it and pulled his hands away. He saw his face drop from a smile to pissed off now.

"Why are you pushing me away Karl? I've done everything for you. You don't understand how much I give up for you. Your so ungrateful, you should be happy for everything I have to you." He said as he once again tried to grab for Karls hand and yet again he pulled away giving a negative reaction to him.

"I think we need to talk about our relationship. I don't think I can keep going- " Karl said before he was cut off by his ex grabbing him by his neck forcing him to stop speaking. Karl put his hands around his wrist trying to pull his hands off from around his neck. He was a lot bigger and stronger than Karl was so he couldn't get him off of him. He looked into his eyes and started to cry more. He had changed again. In a matter of seconds. How can someone change that quickly?

"Please i'll stay with you I love you." Karl managed to get out as his ex took his hands off of his throat causing him to drop to the ground coughing begging for air.

"You don't mean that, you don't even want me anymore." He ex said as he walked back and forth around the room trying to not do something he would regret later. Karl had no words because he didn't mean that. He didn't love him but he couldn't hate him. For some reason he made him feel like he can't hate him for what he does because "it's not the real him" but how can he control it?

"I fucked up everything and now your leaving me. I cant believe you would leave me. Do you know how much I put into this relationship? How much I love you? No one will love you as much as I love you. I cant live without you." He said he bent down lifting his chin up with his finger so Karl was now looking at him on the ground.

"Why don't I just kill myself? There's nothing to live for anyways and if I did it would be all your fault. The blood would be on your hands." He said as he once again glanced down at him before leaving the room to go to another. Karl heard the cabinet door open and a rattle of pills. He came back but different than before. He was crying with a bottle of pills in one hand and a knife in the other.

"Pick my way out. Either I slit my throat or take this whole bottle right here your choice. Either way the blood is on your hands." He said as he showed the two items in his hands. Karl had no words he was speechless. He caused all this. If he just gave him what he wanted none of this would have happened.

"None please." Karl said as his vision started to go blurry again from crying. Karl felt a panic set into him as he saw his ex put the knife up to his throat.

"NOO STOP" Karl screamed at him before he felt hands on him.

"Karl wake up." Sapnap said as he was shaking him attempting to wake him up from this terrible dream he was having. He opened his eyes and sat up looking at his hands making sure he was really awake this time. He rubbed his face once again trying to make sure he was awake.

"Karl what happened? Are you okay?" Sapnap said as he put a hand on Karls back rubbing his back trying to calm him down. Karl sat there for a second before looking at Sapnap teary eyed as he went over to him and feel into his embrace. He started to cry into his shoulder as the memories once again started to come back to him. Sapnap looked down at Karl in his arms crying into his chest. He could feel his tears fall into his shirt and his warm breath on him. He pulled him closer to him and started to play with his hair trying to calm him down. Sapnap didn't know what to do but just hold him and comfort him. 

"I could see everything happen again. It's like I was reliving it for a second time. I could feel everything." Karl said head still into Sapnap chest causing him to sound muffled.

"Reliving what Karl?" Sapnap said as he picked up Karl face with his hands cupping his hand around the smaller boys face wiping a tear from his face with his thumb.

"The night. The night where I tried to leave my ex again." Karl said as he buried his face into Sapnaps chest again avoiding the conversation. Sapnap could almost feel Karls heart beat at this point.

"Sapnap i'm so scared." Karl said as he held onto him tighter than before.

"Of what? He's not in your life anymore?" Sapnap questioned him as he started to run his fingers through Karls long brown hair.

"He will always be here no matter what. In my memories and you don't know that. He could find me you know what he has done before." Karl said as he voice got more timid and shaky. He has seen him before and it definitely wasn't a good experience.

"As long as i'm here no one can hurt you." Sapnap said as he put his arms around his lover holding him tighter than before. Karl wanted to believe him but he couldn't because how could Sapnap protect him from everything. There was a simple answer. He couldn't.

Sapnap kissed his forehead as he ran his hands up and down the smaller boys body. Fuck. That's all he could think right now. He wanted to protect Karl but didn't know how to. Kill. The thought ran past his head quickly as he held onto him again. He felt crazy for thinking these things but at the same time what other way is there a guarantee that Karl won't get hurt? Guarantee that he's safe and he won't get hurt by his ex or even himself.

He continued to comfort Karl holding him in his arms as Karl started to close his eyes once again. Once he felt Karl asleep on top of him he took out his phone and went to the messages between him and Karls ex. He began to type but quickly deleted it and he looked away from his phone. Was he really gonna do it? He felt stuck he didn't know what was best for him. Once again all he could think to himself was...

Fuck