Part Four: Kitchen Floor

Pico and Boyfriend began to walk home in silence. The magic of the music had worn off and Boyfriend was back in his sad slump. A sudden gust of wind sent a a shiver down his spine as he wrapped his arms around himself.

Pico looked down to see this and, without hesitation, put down his bag and handed Boyfriend his cigarette.

"Pico, I don't want-"

Boyfriend looked back up to see Pico offering his hoodie. His eyes were immediately drawn to Pico's torso, now dressed in nothing but a white undershirt. Boyfriend could see the outline of his toned figure, but drew his eyes away, blushing uncontrollably.

"Won't... won't you be cold?"

Pico shrugged. "I'll be fine. Just take it."

Boyfriend hesitantly took the hoodie and gave Pico back his cigarette. He put it on, and it was already nice and warm. It smelled like Pico's cologne.

"Th... thanks." Boyfriend muttered, still blushing.

"Don't mention it." Pico took a long inhale on his cig, letting the smoke waterfall out on the exhale. He turned away from Boyfriend, but not before he caught that hint of pink on his cheeks.

The rest of the walk to the apartment was nice. They enjoyed some small talk, and Pico even got a few laughs out of Boyfriend. God, did he look cute in that hoodie. It was a couple of sizes too big, because even though Pico was only three inches taller at 5'4", he was fairly large and toned. He wouldn't call himself buff, but he wasn't scrawny. Boyfriend, on the other hand, was fairly thin.

They reached their destination, Pico turning the knob to find the door unlocked. "Hm." He reached in his bag and pulled out his gun, making Boyfriend jump a little. Seeing this, Pico turned on the safety to try to calm his nerves before walking in.

"Who the FUCK is in here?!" He heard a small shuffle and turned off the safety, aiming the weapon.

"Whoa, Pico, it's just me!" Recognizing the voice, Pico put down the uzi and huffed.

"Nene, I know I gave you a key, but at least text when you're gonna come over."

Boyfriend watched as a tall, slender Asian girl walked out of Pico's room. She wore a short pink dress and was holding a couple of knives between the fingers of her right hand. She was using her phone with her left, completely nonchalant about Pico's gun.

"Sorry, I just really needed these back toni-" Nene looked up to see Boyfriend sheepishly enter the apartment. "Is that... Boyfriend?!"

It had been a long time since Boyfriend had seen Nene. Last time they met was in the first semester of college. Nene was going to another school, but Pico had insisted they went and met up with her.

"Heyyy... Nene! Long time... no see?" Boyfriend wasn't sure what to say. Luckily, she focused her attention back into Pico.

"What's he doing, coming to your place this late? Are y'all gonna fuck or something? Did you... miss each other?" She gave a sly smile as Pico lifted his gun back at her.

"We are NOT gonna fuck. He just needed a place to stay the night after his show. I'm sleeping on the couch." He was clearly pissed. Nene put her phone in a pocket in her dress and started to play with the knives. Boyfriend just stood in the corner, scared out of his mind. They were just casually pointing weapons at each other.

"Jeez, touchy subject, huh." Nene calmly walked by Pico, dangling her knives dangerously. "See ya' around, shorty." On her way out, she gave Boyfriend a wink and a thumbs up. Once the door closed behind her, Pico relaxed and put the gun on the kitchen counter. He turned to see Boyfriend flustered in the corner, watching him carefully. Pico was started to get annoyed at Boyfriend's mistrust.

"For Christ's sake, I'm not going to shoot you!" Pico lifted his hands into the air, as if to show he was unarmed. He began to get mad. "Even when your little girlfriend's dad sent me after you, I DIDNT SHOOT, dumbass!"

At the mention of Girlfriend, Boyfriend's eyes began to water. Pico, realizing his mistake, ran over to apologize.

"Oh, god. Oh, no. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." He hugged Boyfriend, who just stood there. The sobbing mess that Boyfriend had become eventually sat on the kitchen floor, where Pico joined him.

"Pico." Boyfriend looked up at him. "Why didn't you shoot me that day?"

Pico looked him in the eyes, hesitating before answering. "Blu. No matter how long I try, how hard I work to move on, I just..." he takes a shaky breath. "I still love you. I know you probably don't feel the same way, but-"

Pico was cut off by Boyfriend crashing his lips against his. The ginger was in shock, and for a second did nothing. Boyfriend pulled away.

"I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! I... thought you might like it." Boyfriend was blushing and so flustered he could barely form a sentence.

"I... I did." Pico muttered. He turned to hide the pink in his face, but Boyfriend could see it on his ears.

They sat in silence for a few seconds before Boyfriend spoke again.

"Can I... can I do it again?" He looked at Pico, his pupils dilated.

Without a moment of hesitation, Pico turned, grabbed Boyfriend's face and kissed him, a long and passionate kiss, a kiss that was wanted for so long by the both of them. When they separated, they were both starry eyed. Boyfriend's mouth was slightly ajar while his brain tried to process it all.

"I've wanted that for so, so long." Pico still had Boyfriend's face cupped in his hands, and brushed his cheek with his thumb.

They sat for a moment, basking in each other.

"Can I tell you a secret, Pico?" Boyfriend placed his forehead into Pico's chest, causing Pico to move his arms and wrapping them around him. "When I was with Girlfriend, I really did love her. But... but I couldn't stop thinking about you." He drew a shaky breath and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Am I a bad person, Pico? I mean, I would dream about us, awful, awful dreams about unspeakable things..."

"Me too." Boyfriend looked back up at Pico, who gave a small chuckle. "Boyfriend, be a doll and look down."

Boyfriend did as he was told, and noticed Pico's pants were a little tighter than when they arrived.