Chapter Twenty-Eight: Confront

TW: Sexual References

~~~~~

   "Holy shit, Keith, this is such a bad idea." Pico complained, tense as he sat next to his partner on the bus. He had taken the isle seat, and his gaze was frantically darting from passenger to passenger as his fingers grazed the gun tucked in his clothes.

   "D-do you have anything better?" Keith answered, his words coming out wavering and unsure.

   Pico sighed, leaning back but not peeling his eyes from the other riders. "Touché."

   It was the following day, and the two were exhausted from the previous restless night, not to mention Keith's back was achy from their... other activities. But they had to do this, not only to figure out how the fuck to dig Keith out of this hole, but also get get closure about...

"Girlfriend is fuckin' phyco. So you? Stay by me the whole time." Pico continued. His partner nodded, grabbing at the fabric of his pants. Keith hadn't had the energy for jeans, so sweatpants would have to work for today, paired with a baggier sweatshirt borrowed from Pico, who was wearing a similarly comfortable hoodie.

They felt the bus came to a slow stop. This was it.

The couple climbed out of the vehicle, their faces hitting the crisp morning air. With the chill running down his spine, Keith could feel the large stone occupying his pocket.

Last night, as he and Pico were on the couch, he had received another message from Girlfriend, pleading with him to meet in person. Now, Keith was itching to decline, to just be done with that bitch. But this was his only way to get answers.

   Girlfriend was acting... weird, as she texted, sort of spastic and choppy. And she had specifically requested he brought the ring.

   It gave Keith some seriously bad vibes.

   What made it worse was that she asked him to bring Pico. Now, he would have brought his boyfriend regardless. But the fact that she had asked made him pretty fucking uncomfortable.

   Not to mention she had called their little get together a 'double date.'

   What the fuck?

   They find their way to an old diner, one known across the city to have some killer milkshakes. Placing their orders, they sat at a booth on the far end of the restaurant. Nobody was in there; it was only around 10:00 am. But regardless, they patiently waited for Girlfriend.

   Soon enough, the door opens with a chime. The boys turn to see a tall woman dressed in red walk in, as expected. However, hiding behind her was another person, wearing a hood that was obscuring their head.

   Pico couldn't help but think they look oddly...

   Familiar?

   As they finished placing their orders, the ginger pulled Keith a little closer to his own body. As he wrapped his arm around his waist, the pills shook lightly in his pocket. He was getting some very, very bad vibes from this whole ordeal.

   Girlfriend spotted them, giving a nervous smile as she went to sit down across from them.

   "...Hey." She said, scooting into the booth to allow her friend to sit next to her. He looked incredibly familiar up close, but Pico couldn't quite place it...

   "Mm." Keith hummed, bringing his hands off of the table and closer to himself.

   Girlfriend definitely looked... weird.