Part Nineteen: Bang

TW: Mental Illness, Sexual References

~~~~~

*—BANG—*

Pico ran. The past few days, work had started picking up. In fact, his uzi has started to be glued to his side again, following him as he wandered around the city just waiting for the next message from Daddy Dearest. As the day got later, he found himself holding a young woman up to a wall, pressing his hand to her neck so she couldn't breathe.

"Any last words?" He growled.

"Please... tell my mom I love her." She was crying as she suddenly fainted, falling forwards into Pico's arms. He gently set her down before taking out his pocket knife and slitting her carotid artery, leaving her to bleed out. It was cleaner and quieter than a shot to the skull. He then grabbed her hands and wrote a quick note on her skin with the pen tool.

Love you mom

As he made it far enough from the scene, the ginger checked his phone. 6:47 pm. Pico was exhausted, not as much physically as he was mentally. He had pulled his trigger on three different people today, all back to back. He decided to wander around town, thinking it would help clear his head.

   Spoiler: it did not.

   Pico felt the voices rise in his head; light, fluffy ghastly tones. 'Pico...~' they cooed, lurking around and behind the ginger, taunting him. 'Look at you! You worthless little shit. You didn't deserve to live...'

   He grimaced, gripping the handle of his gun as he walked a little quicker in a fruitless attempt to outrun the voices in his head.

'You're next, Pico...~' they whispered in a singsong tone, urging the ginger to pull out his uzi. He began to see things around him. Blood dripping from the corners of his vision, wispy outlines of people fallen over tables, shot and stabbed and mutilated so far beyond recognition that he couldn't tell an arm from a leg. Pico's eyes began to water as he began to wander the city, scared and alone.

~~~~~

Keith sat alone in his apartment, snuggled in that familiar black hoodie. He ran his fingers down the embroidered name covering the sleeve, the textured surface a good way to fidget as he thought.

   Why did he throw the pills? Something had come over him... something he couldn't control. It was as if a force came into his body, making him angry, so angry he would throw something Pico needed off of a damn balcony.

   He felt scared and confused. But more than anything, he was guilty. There was so much to think about, but...

   Keith couldn't take it anymore, picking up his phone and sending his boyfriend a text.

Keithy
can i come over bb

Keithy
hello?

Keithy
pico

Pico wasn't responding. He usually texted back immediately. This made Keith even more nervous, especially after last night. It was a nightmare, tied up nicely with a cute little bow. He was terrified, seeing Pico so helpless and scared. And he was screaming a name... Cassandra. Who could that...