2

꙳⋆ ☽ ┈ 𓇬 ꧁ ❦ ꧂ 𓇬 ┈ ☽ ⋆꙳

*Present Day*

꙳⋆ ☽ ┈ 𓇬 ꧁ ❦ ꧂ 𓇬 ┈ ☽ ⋆꙳

The next morning rolled around pretty quickly for you. Although it was a school night, you didn't get much sleep because you were preoccupied with your thoughts throughout most of the night.

You looked over to see Raleigh sleeping peacefully next to you with her mouth partially opened. Her bed was big enough for the two of you, so one of you didn't have to end up sleeping on the floor.

You had woken up earlier than expected, so you didn't even bother to wake her up. You knew that she more than likely would've just went back to sleep anyways. You rolled over to reach for your phone that was on the nightstand on your side of the bed.

The first thing you did was turn your alarm off that you had set for 6:30 am. You had woke up about 30 minutes early, and there was no way you were going to be able to fall back asleep. School didn't start until 8:00 am, so you had two hours until then to get ready.

When checking your notifications, it was no surprise to you that you had no missed calls or messages from your grandmother. Did she even care where you were? You could be dead in a ditch somewhere for all she knows, and she hasn't even checked in on you. You tried not to think about it. She was not going to take this special day away from you.

After spending some time in bed on your phone, you finally decided to get up and go take a shower. You had been to her house many times before, so you had no problem finding your way around the house. You usually took showers at night, but you were too exhausted the night before since it was so chaotic.

Once you stepped in after letting the water heat up, you let out a slight, breathless groan from the way the hot water felt dripping down your body. You always enjoyed taking hot showers; you could honestly spend hours taking one. It was just like a relaxing place to get away from reality.

You wrapped a towel around your body as you stepped out of the shower. You didn't usually dress up unless for special occasions; you had always been known as a tomboy once you hit puberty and just preferred to dress comfortably. You also hated the way your body looked and didn't think cute clothes or dresses even looked good on you half of the time.

You threw on a black tank top with a grey, plaid flannel over it that remained unbuttoned. The tank top was tucked into a pair of high-waisted, baggy jeans that were cuffed at the bottom. For shoes, you put on your favorite pair of black Doc Martens. You decided to keep your hair natural and kept the makeup to a minimum.

You hardly wore makeup. It wasn't because you thought you didn't need it; you were just too lazy to spend so much time doing it. Plus, you had never been exposed to makeup growing up, so you didn't have any clue about what to do. Instead, you just put on mascara and a neutral, matte lipstick when you wanted to and called it a day.

"Wow, how long have you already been up?" Raleigh raises an eyebrow at you as she walks into the bathroom.

"I woke up at six and couldn't go back to sleep, so I just decided to go ahead and get ready. I didn't wake you up because I figured you wanted to sleep." You glanced at her in the mirror as you finished getting ready.

"Well, you figured that right. I probably would've beaten your tail" She smirks before she begins taking her clothes off as you turn around to face her.