8

All you could do was take a deep breath as you thought of how to respond.

"Well, you see, " you started, unsure of how you were going to explain things. "I honestly don't know how to answer that. Now that I'm looking back, I can see where he didn't act interested in me at times. I guess I just overlooked all of the red flags that were coming from him." You paused for a moment, looking to see if Taehyung is reacting before speaking up again.

"I always get attached to people too quickly, " you shamefully admitted, afraid of what this conversation might lead to. "Within just a week of spending time with him, I was already thinking about him all of the time and looking forward to the next time we'd hang out." You remembered back to how you felt during that time, seeming ridiculous now that you thought about it.

Taehyung frequently shook his head to let you know that he was listening to every word you said. He'd occasionally even let out a small murmur while you spoke.

"The first red flag that I should've noticed was him never wanting to hang out unless we did schoolwork. He always found an excuse to not go and then he wouldn't say much until the next time he needed something." You were starting to realize how horrible this all sounded when you said it aloud. 

"If he treated you like that, then what kept you interested in him?" Taehyung finally chimed in.

"He would have his moments where he would start acting really sweet towards me. Any time I would try to move on, he would say certain things and I would end up right back where I started. Which now I can see he was just doing that so that I would keep giving him what he wanted." You couldn't comprehend how you just let him get away with using you.

"Now that I think about it, he would make sexual jokes towards me all of the time. Of course, at the time, I would just laugh at them and move on. I just brushed it off and just continued to do his shit. Gosh, I'm such an idiot-"

"No, you're not. He was manipulating you the entire time into thinking that he cared about you. When in reality, he was just going to keep using you until he was satisfied, and then he was just going to throw you away. He's fucked in the head, Y/N."

You knew what he was saying was true, but you took the way he worded things to heart. After he said that, you fell silent, and Taehyung seemed to have noticed.

"Did I say something wrong? I just meant that everything about that guy is psychotic. He's got some nerve thinking it's okay to treat a woman like that, and anyone who does is out of their right mind, " Taehyung explained.

He didn't understand why you weren't responding, but how could he? You knew he didn't mean anything negative towards you, and you figured you owed it to him to give him some answers. You inhaled deeply as you prepared to narrow down everything that has made you feel the way you do.

"You didn't say anything wrong, it's just- I've practically felt abandoned by everyone while growing up, and like how you put it, it seemed like they would just throw me away." You kept your eyes still on the floor, afraid of looking up at him after your confession.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. You can talk to me about it if you feel like it. I'm here to listen, " Taehyung spoke softly, trying not to get you any more upset.

You did a quick downward nod, letting him know that you appreciated him allowing you to talk about your life.

Then, you explained everything to him. Your parents leaving shortly after birth, living in an abusive household, and just always feeling like you were never good enough for anyone. You even talked about Raleigh and how she was the only one that had been there for you. You even proceeded to tell him about how you struggled with your sexuality at times, which was extremely hard for you to do. This wasn't just something you'd go around telling everybody, so why were you telling him? You just kept talking, feeling completely vulnerable as you exposed the most personal aspects of your life.