10

While you sat down with your sketchbook in your lap, the sound of the water running from the shower could be heard as it echoed through the hall.

The sadness that once flooded your body was now suddenly filled with a void, feeling completely numb and detached from reality. You didn't know how to comprehend what your emotions meant, but you knew that you weren't going to be upset over it any more than you had to.

Whatever stupid, ridiculous feelings you were starting to have for Taehyung meant nothing now. You weren't going to let another person come into your life and find a way to hurt you more than you already were. It was clear that he only saw you as nothing more than someone who was incapable of handling themselves and needed to be saved from the start.

You weren't going to make the same mistake again as with what happened with Yoongi. The feeling of constantly being hurt by those you cared about was exhausting, and you were done with it all. It's like you were a self-destruct button ready to be pushed and depleted from existence.

From this point on, you were no longer going to think about Taehyung in any other way than just as a friend. You were not going to get hurt again by some boy- you would make sure of it.

About half an hour had passed when you heard the water from the shower had stopped running. You had finally completed your drawing that had encountered many interruptions along the past two days.

As your mind got lost while staring at the work in front of you, Taehyung emerged from the corner that was leading into the shower room. 

"I'm back. Did you miss me?" He called from the end of the hallway.

You look up to see his hair still wet and slightly covering the top of his eyes. As he got closer, you could see that there was some water dripping off of the ends of his hair that fell down the sides of his face.

Averting your eyes from him standing there, you looked back down and started to twirl your pencil, trying not to think about how good he looked after getting out of the shower.

"What took you so long? Most guys I know could be satisfied with a five-minute shower. You were in there longer than I was, " you replied, your eyes still concentrating on the pencil in your hands.

"I was just uh- thinking and stuff. I had a lot of stuff on my mind." You could see that Taehyung's ears quickly turned a shade of light red.

"What's this? Is this what you had yesterday in the library?" He crouched down and snatched your sketchbook up from your lap in a split second, not giving your body the chance to react quickly enough to grab it.

"Stop, Taehyung! Give it back!" You stood up and tried reaching for it, but his arm was strong enough to hold you back. 

"You're gonna have to get it first." He laughed seeing how difficult he was making it for you to reach for it.

"Don't be a jerk! C'mon give it back or I'll kick you in the balls!" You thought threatening him would help, but he smirked before turning his head away to look at it.

"Wow, Y/N, you did this?" He held your sketchbook in the air, bringing it closer to his face to get a better look.

"Yeah. I mean, it's not that good but-" You jumped at him and attempted to get it back from him once more before finally giving up.

"What are you talking about? This is amazing." His voice sounded shocked and his eyes never left the paper.

"Really? You think so?" You were surprised that someone like him sounded so interested in your art. You thought he would tease you or make fun of it.