22

Once you crawl to the edge, you try to put your fear of heights aside as you lean closer to get a look.

"Oh my gosh," your eyes widen as you get a glimpse of what the situation is.

There he is, lying in the middle of a dumpster that seems to be around 9 or 10 feet tall. He's on top of a pile of garbage, which seemed to have broken the fall.

Now you understood how Yoongi was able to get away. He must have known that the dumpster was there all along and decided to take his chances instead of facing reality.

If it weren't for all of the garbage, both of them would have been long gone the second of the impact.

'Yoongi was smarter than I thought,' you say to yourself, seeing as how every single outcome has always been to his benefit.

You weren't gonna think about that for now. Now, all of your attention was on Taehyung.

He wasn't moving.

"Tae! Can you hear me?" You call out to him, but there's no response.

You felt a ping in your heart as you watched his body just lay there. You began to worry that he didn't make it as Yoongi did.

"Tae! Come on, get up, please! Just move or something!" You try again, but still, no response or movement.

"Please," you say, but quieter this time as tears start to fill your eyes once more.

You back away from the edge and sit down with your face in your palms, trying not to lose yourself for a second time.

"It's all my fault," you say into your palms, "Please, Taehyung, come back to me."

It wasn't fair. Yoongi gets to run away after all the terrible things he's done. He gets to be alive and well, but Taehyung can't?

It was all so messed up.

You keep your head rested into your palms until you hear a noise that catches your attention. It was a faint sound, but you could've sworn that you heard something.

Moments later, you hear the sound again. You hoped that the sound was from what you wanted it to be.

Wiping away the tears that had formed, you quickly get up and run back to the edge.

As you do so, a smile slowly starts to form across your face as you witness the sight down below.

Laying there, chest rising and falling with a bright, boxy smile is Taehyung. He has his arm thrown over his eyes and chuckles to himself.

"Well, that hurt," he says while moving his arm to look up at you, "but it was worth it. As long as you're safe.

He groans as he tries to sit up, but thankfully, it didn't seem like he had any major injuries. The fall must have knocked him out long enough to where you couldn't tell if he was breathing or not.

His deep, brown eyes stare at yours with an ounce of hope that's contagious. Your sad tears turned into happy ones when you clap your hand over your mouth and cry thankfully that he's alive.

The police officer comes over and grabs your shoulder to see if you're okay, but you quickly stand up and run towards the latch you got up to the roof from.

You quickly slide down the ladder and run down the hallways of the school. You bypass policemen as they run the opposite way of you.

When you bypass the gym, you think about when Taehyung and you played basketball and how much you'll never forget that moment with him. You smile at the thought.