Chapter 1:

CHAPTER 1:

"Yes, mom I have everything," I said with a sigh. She hadn't stopped asking me if I had everything every since we left for the airport.  

"May, I just want to make sure you have everything, you can't just come back to get something," my mother rambled as I rolled my purple suitcase down the hall. "Your father is going to be..." my mother talked as I dozed off.  

I was only 19 years old and I was getting the opportunity of a life time. I had only gone to college at Georgia State for one year, when I decided that I wanted to study abroad. I was assigned an 18 year old girl to transfer with from the UK. The school is in London and I would have my own apartment, which my parents saved for with every last penny they had.  

As we approached the terminal, my mother unzipped my suitcase to make sure I had enough underwear, which was quite embarrassing, but with her as a mom, you get used to it. I looked out one of the windows to see a plane landing. I started thinking about how different it is going to be, and how cold it must be. I was born and raised in California so I was used to hot summer days at the beach, but in England, you're lucky to have the sun pop out. Or at least that's what I've heard. 

My mom zipped up my bag and stood up. After she straightened her back, she turned around and I saw her eye's tearing up.  

"I'm going to miss you so much," my mom said as she wrapped her arms around me. "I'll miss you to," My mother and I had never been very close, so I was kind of glad I was leaving. 

"May, I wonder if you will be one of the only brunettes there!" my mother said as she pushed my hair back. "Mom, I'm pretty sure that's the main hair color there-" I said as I was cut off by a voice coming over the speaker.

"Flight 215 is now boarding," a flight attendant said over the speaker.  

"Well, that's me," I said as I walked towards the desk taking tickets. 

As I walked to my seat, I opened the window to see a bunch of workers, working busily to get the plane ready to fly. The flight attendant went down the aisle to make sure everyone's seat belts were on and then they played the cheesy safety video. Then we were off.