Chapter 15:

CHAPTER 15:

~Louis' POV~ 

As everyone left from the "before funeral party", we all went down stairs to get food. Everyone had left and May's grandma left a note saying that she would be back the next day.  

"Want something to eat?" Zayn said pulling the toaster out. 

May shook her head back and forth. 

"Come on you gotta eat something," I said grabbing the butter out of the fridge. 

"Well, Lou I don't think butter is the best thing to eat right now," Harry said sarcastically as everyone laughed along. Everyone, but May... 

It was weird seeing her like this. I was used to the quick witted girl who always laughed at everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. She once told me that she laughs at everything because she doesn't like people feeling weird after they made a crappy joke and no one laughed. It was a weird thing to do, much less think of, but that's May for yah! 

"Why don't we go get you in the shower and we can chill afterwards?" Alyssa said as she sat down next to May who was blowing on her cream of wheat that I had made her. 

She nodded and continued eating her food. 

Everyone was silent, till Niall and Zayn decided to make a football field on the kitchen counter out of the pepper and salt shakers.  

As I started to clean up the pots and pans from the "party", I looked over my shoulder to see Liam attempting to talk to May. She seemed uneasy with the situation.  

When she was done with her food, I placed the bowl in the empty sink. Alyssa grabbed May's arm and took her upstairs.  

"Goal!" Niall shouted as he began to do his victory dance. 

"No fair!" Zayn shouted hitting over the salt shaker. 

"You guys are such idiots," Harry said laughing.  

Everyone seemed to be in a relatively good mood, but I on the other hand was a bit sad. I didn't know how to react to the whole situation of what was happening. I knew how she felt, I understood her pain. When my dad left us when I was younger, I took up the responsibility of "father" even after my mum got remarried. I had to become the "father" of my 4 younger sisters, and take care of my mum. I was so mad at my dad that I even took the drastic decision to make my mother's maiden name mine. I was Louis Austin and now was Louis Tomlinson. It sounded much better, but that wasn't the point. The point was that I was so ashamed of the man I had called my dad that I didn't want to be remembered as his son. I had times that I missed him and I still do. Now, May was all alone. She had no parents, not one. Her sister lived far away and they weren't really on speaking terms, or at least that's what I had heard. I had to help even if she doesn't want it.  

Alyssa had come down stairs and led the guys outside to chill. We were expecting May to take awhile so they decided to sun bathe, since it was rather hot out.  

"Pool!" Niall shouted as he ran outside. 

"Don't get in guys!" Alyssa yelled as she pulled the boys back by their shirts. 

"Oh come on!" Harry yelled reaching out in front of him as the small girl pulled the 3 back. 

Liam settled on a lawn chair and closed his eyes. 

The others finally stopped and settled down. 

Then a giant dog ran out from the side yard barking and pounced on Niall, making him fall onto the ground.