♾|8

|Seungmin|

My whole body was tense and not just from the brief moment of shock I had earlier. Hyunjin's hand was still around my waist, holding me tightly, close to his body.

I felt every muscle of his body against mine and held my breath.
The warmth of his body left a hot trail on my skin and gave me goosebumps.

"What would you do without me?"

Hyunjin's voice rang out right next to my ear and I felt his hot breath against my neck.

Immediately, I broke free of his grip, my back still turned to him.
"I'm doing very well without you." I returned bitingly at his statement, clenching my hand into a fist.

"That looked pretty different just now, though, if I hadn't been there-"

"If it wasn't for you, those two guys would have never beat me up back then." I interrupted him and yelled right into his face, turning in his direction to look him straight in the eye.

Hyunjin flinched at my words and looked at me with a confused expression.

What would I do without him? Exactly what I usually did - protect myself.

He had just left me there that time while those two guys kept on kicking me and instead of helping me he just walked away. Just like I would be invisible.

"Seungmin-" Hyunjin tried to say something but I shook my head.
"We're done here." I just said and grabbed my backpack.

Hyunjin was still calling after me but I didn't respond. I just walked straight to the door and left him standing alone in the club room.

Who does he think he is?

I will never need this guy in my life.

Annoyed, I paced back and forth in front of the dance room, waiting for Felix to show up any moment now.

No sooner had I finished the thought the door opened and an orange haired boy with freckles came out.
"Felix!" I took him by the wrist and pulled him to me while he just eyed me, overwhelmed.
"What's wrong with you?" His eyebrows went up and he slowly pushed my hand away from him.

As soon as I was about to say something, Minho also stepped out of the room and looked at me and then his gaze passed me by.
I turned around and followed his gaze.

Hyunjin was just coming towards us and I immediately felt anger rising to my head.

Immediately I stomped away and Felix ran after me while calling my name but I just kept walking.

I just wanted to get away.

"Aren't you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" Felix settled down on my bed and eyed me waitingly.

"It's because of Hyunjin..." I gave him as an answer and sat down next to Felix, who was playing with my cat Mi-sun. I watched the two of them.
"What did he do?" Felix asked while scratching Min-suns belly.

"He just acted like an idiot again." I only gave as an answer but that didn't seem to be enough for the freckle-faced boy.
"You just keep talking about Hyunjin being a stupid idiot instead of saying what's really going on. I'm your best friend Minnie and you can talk to me. It's none of my business on the other side, but if it bothers you that much you can tell me." Felix looked at me with his brown eyes and waited for a reaction from my side.

I thought for a moment and then broke eye contact.
"Alright..." I sighed and straightened up.

I started to tell Felix the whole story of where my hatred for Hyunjin had actually started.

It was no secret that I was the nerd of the school and still am. Getting stupid comments or being pushed was part of everyday life for me. Unfortunately, sometimes it wasn't just a little shove but in the worst case, I ended up getting beaten up.
One day two students from the upper class intercepted me, tore my glasses off my face and threw them on the floor. As soon as I tried to pick them up again, I was kicked to the ground and beaten up. Hyunjin passed by us at that moment and looked directly at me. But instead of helping me, he just walked past me. He just left me lying there and didn't bother to get me out of that situation.

"... and I still hate him for that."

Felix looked at me with wide eyes for a moment until he nodded in understanding.
"That explains a lot..." he commented on my story and I nodded with a sigh.
"Actually, I just wanted that guy out of my life but it looks like I'm going to have that one on my back forever." I flopped down into the bed and the orange haired one patted my thigh.
"Now don't let it get you down. Just two more years and the nightmare will be over." He started laughing and I had to smile a little as well.

He was right. I'll survive those two years, too. After all, I have also survived the last few years.