♾|18

|Seungmin|

While I was going through the last tasks with Hyunjin, I couldn't shake the feeling off that something was wrong with him.

I don't know why but somehow he looked like something had hurt him.

"Hyunjin, are you all right?" I asked the blond-haired boy who was looking at me with a puzzled look.
"Yeah, why do you ask?" he replied and I shrugged.
"Well, you look kinda... sad?" I explained to him and he just looked at me dumbly.

There was an awkward silence and his gaze still fixed on mine. Since I apparently wasn't going to get an answer to my question, I just went ahead and explained the next task to him.

As the tutoring lesson drew to a close, I packed my things back into my backpack and gave Hyunjin my notes so he could look at them again at home.
"If anything is unclear, message me." I pressed a piece of paper with my number into his hand and he nodded understandably.

Before he could turn away from me, I held onto his jacket and he turned back to me.
"Is something else?" with raised eyebrows he looked at me and I bit my lower lip nervously.
"Are you sure everything is okay?" I echoed again and his expression darkened.
"Even if it's not, it's none of your business. We're not friends after all." hissed Hyunjin and left the cafe without another word.

Completely caught off guard, I still stood in place, unable to understand what was going on with him right now.

Of course we were not friends but he could still talk to me?

Before I could even think about anything more, I grabbed my backpack and also left the café to make my way home.

When I got home, I called Felix first because I was really at the end with my nerves.

"Hey Minnie, are you okay?" Felix's voice rang out on the other end of the line and I sighed heavily.

"Nothing's okay... Hyunjin is really driving me crazy."

"What's he done now?" laughed Felix.

"Nothing but he's acting really weird and I can't figure out why. First he ignores me, then he apologizes and then he gets all weird again." I explained to him and there was silence for a moment.

"How about you just have a straight talk with him? And in such a way that he can't avoid you?" suggested Felix and I thought about it for a moment.

Actually, that wasn't such a bad idea but somehow I had the feeling that it would backfire.

"And you really think that will do anything?"

"Well, you can't do more than that." replied Felix and I nodded, although he won't see that over the cell phone.

"I'll just give it a try tomorrow. See you tomorrow Felix."

"See you tomorrow Minnie and keep your head up!"

*biep biep*

Sighing, I put my phone aside and dropped thoughtfully into bed.

"This ferret is killing me..."

The next morning, I went straight out in search of that ferret. I was really tired of his weird mood swings.

I walked down the hallway towards the classroom, hoping to find Hyunjin somewhere.

After a few minutes I found him when I saw a blond-haired boy standing at a locker. I immediately went to him and stopped a few feet in front of him.
"Hyunjin!"

He slammed the locker shut from him and then looked at me. His look didn't really tell me much about his state of mind, as he just looked at me with blank eyes.
"What is it?" he picked up his backpack and then continued walking.
"We need to talk!" I explained and he just replied with a bored "about what?"

Man can he stop walking?

"Now stop!" I clasped his wrist with my hand and made him stop. Immediately he jerkily freed himself from my grip and scowled at me.
"What do you want?" he hissed and I took a few steps back.

Why was he so pissed off all of a sudden now?

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I suddenly yelled in his face and Hyunjin seemed surprised for a moment at my sudden outburst of anger.
"There's nothing wrong with me but you seem to have a problem." with raised eyebrows he crossed his arms in front of his chest and I felt the anger inside me growing.

"Don't fuck with me Hyunjin." with a grip I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer to me, looking deep into his eyes.
"You're acting absolutely weird and I'm getting really tired of your mood swings. First you ignore me, then you apologize and now it's starting all over again?"

Hyunjin still looked at me silently and gave me no answer. Instead, he clasped my hand, which was still gripping his collar and yanked it away from him.
"Why should you care how I act toward you? We're not friends." He pressed out and I looked at him incredulously.
"What the hell is your problem?!"

After I said that sentence Hyunjin came a few steps towards me and pushed me against the lockers behind me. I hissed slightly in pain but he didn't seem to care.
"You're the problem!" he yelled right in my face and I flinched.

His brown eyes turned pitch black, reflecting contempt and anger.

I'm supposed to be the problem?

Without understanding, I looked at the angry boy in front of me who slowly broke away from me again. Without saying a word he turned away from me and walked away.

The other students in the hallway also overheard the little altercation and started whispering.

I picked up my backpack, which had fallen off due to Hyunjin's attack and went to class.

This was not how I had imagined it.