♾|13

|Hyunjin|

As soon as the door opened in front of me the brown-haired mutt stood in front of me, eyeing me with an evil look.
"Here I am." I grinned at him further but his expression was still just as scowling as before.
"Do you know what time it is?" he snorted in annoyance, then cleared a path for me. I shrugged my shoulders in disinterest and then took off my jacket and shoes.

Seungmin's house was rather plain and simply furnished in a brown wood tone with white and black accents. By and large just a normal family home.

"Then let's not waste any more time and get started." suggested Seungmin, leading the way. Together we went up to the second floor where his room was located.

When we entered the room I was directly hit with Day6 posters.

With a puckered face, I eyed his fanboy room and he looked at me with raised eyebrows.
"What?"

I just shook my head and then looked at Seungmin who pulled a small bar table out from under his bed and set it down in the middle on his beige carpet.

From his desk, he retrieved his notes and math book and placed them on the table.
"Why are you late anyway?" with raised eyebrows and an annoyed expression the mutt eyed me and I sighed. "I was still talking to Jisoo." I gave as a reply and Seungmin looked at me critically.
"Your new girlfriend or what?" I don't know why but somehow Seungmin sounded pretty pissed.

I sat down on the floor in front of him and propped up my elbows.
"She was just giving me tips. Besides, she likes Minho." I answered his question and his expression relaxed again.

Immediately he turned his head away in shame and I started laughing.
"Is someone jealous?" I wiggled my eyebrows and immediately Seungmin's head shot up.
"I'm not!" he hissed, throwing one of his pens in my face.

Laughing, I just shook my head and eyed the brown-haired boy in front of me. I could exactly see the slight blush on his cheeks and that was the first time I had seen him so embarrassed.

Somehow sweet.

I immediately slapped myself against the cheek, as there was no way the thought from just now could have come from me.

"Are you okay?" Seungmin looked at me like I was a crazy person and I just nodded.
"If you keep slapping yourself like this, you will lose your last brain cells either." Seungmin commented and I gave him a nasty glare.

"I've written up some notes for you. Look at them and then solve the tasks." he handed me his notes and a sheet with math tasks.

While I was solving the tasks, Seungmin was playing on his cell phone.

"Can I ask you something?" I put my pen down and Seungmin just gave a quick "mmh" while still looking at his phone.

"How come you're so perfect at everything?"

The brown-haired one averted his eyes from his phone and looked at me with raised eyebrows. He set the phone aside and shook his head.
"I'm not perfect at everything." he replied to my statement and I started laughing.

Is he kidding me?

"Sure, with your good grades and being a model student, you're soooo bad." I said sarcastically and at that moment his face darkened.

As if I had hit a sore spot.

I immediately averted my gaze from him and heard a sigh on the other side of the table.
"My parents are extremely strict about my grades and my school image." Seungmin began to explain and I lifted my head to look him in the eye again.
"I may seem "perfect" to you, but I'm not at all. If I didn't put in so much effort, I'd be a stinkin' nerd who likes movies and music and has average grades." He added and I just listened silently.

All this time, I had thought that Seungmin just came into the world with this talent. But as it turned out, his parents were the reason.

I could understand him pretty well on that point. In my parents' eyes, I was an absolute failure who only focused on dancing and was popular because of my looks.

Even then, they were always saying: Hyunjin do this, don't do that, and concentrate on school. My parents didn't even bother to listen to me and understand that dancing was the only thing for me. Sure, I didn't really want to do badly in school, but this was my way of proving to my parents that they couldn't order me around.

"I understand you." I pressed out after a short silence and directed my gaze to the floor.
"My parents think I'm the biggest loser and Joengin is a born son to them." I played around thoughtfully with the pen in my hand and propped my head up with my hand.
"I'm not mad at my brother for that at all, since it was absolutely not his fault. Still, it hurts to know that I didn't have a place in my parents' hearts." I added and sighed heavily.

"You're not a failure." suddenly Seungmin's voice rang out and I turned my gaze to him. He gave me a gentle smile and that was the first time he looked at me with such a kind and warm gaze.
"Sure, you're not really the smartest but you have completely different strengths." Seungmin held his neck laughing and then continued.
"You have a passion for dancing and you're excellent at acting. You're also a pretty fast learner, though not at math formulas." he laughed again and I had to smile as well.

I must say that Seungmin's words really did me good. He gave me the feeling that I was not completely useless and that he understood me in a way.

He didn't see me as a useless boy who couldn't even solve small tasks, but simply as a normal student who also had his marrow.

"Apparently, we're not so completely different after all." I stated and Seungmin started laughing out loud.
"Well, in terms of intelligence we are."

My expression darkened and I stood up, after his words.

Seungmin looked at me in shock for a moment but when I took a few steps towards him he stood up as well and dodged my attempt to grab him by the shirt.

Immediately a laughter broke out and I tried to catch Seungmin somehow to tickle his stupid laugh out of him but this mutt was really nimble.

Like two complete idiots we ran around the small table with careful movements and Seungmin was really careful not to make any wrong moves.

But when he became inattentive for a moment, I caught him by the wrist and he tried to free himself directly from my grip, laughing and pulling me across the room. But when he suddenly bumped into his bed he lost his balance and pulled me onto the bed with him.

In the blink of an eye, I was on top of the brown-haired boy, not moving for a few seconds.

Our bodies were pressed so close together that no sheet of paper would have fit between us. Slowly, I braced my hands to the left and right of his head to push myself up so I wouldn't crush him completely.

He looked at me with wide eyes and I felt his heartbeat pounding against my chest.

His pleasant scent came back to my nose, just like the day I saved him from that falling box.

Neither of us moved but when an orange cat suddenly jumped onto the bed, I recoiled.
"Holy-" I landed on the hard wooden floor and Seungmin straightened up.

"Mi-sun." he petted the cat, who turned in my direction and hissed angrily at me.
"From the looks of it, she doesn't like you." commented Seungmin with a laugh and I stroked my hair in annoyance.
"Definitely mutual now." I slowly got up and sat on the bed where Seungmin was sitting with his cat.
"Her name is Mi-sun?" I huffed and he nodded.
"Suits her." I eyed the orange cat nestled against Seungmin's thigh.

"You'd think she is you just as a cat." I stated laughing and Seungmin looked at me with raised eyebrows.
"Well, according to her name, she's a cat with a friendly nature and hates me - just like you." I explained and he nodded in agreement.

"Well, we should keep going or your grades will never be good." Seungmin gave Mi-sun's head another quick pat and then pushed himself out of bed. I did the same and went back to my tasks.

Only now I noticed that my heartbeat was returning to normal.

As the little accident from earlier came back to my mind, I felt a slight warmth in my face.

I immediately shook off the thought and concentrated on my tasks again.

I'm going to go crazy.