Letter

(my creative writing club ramblings made me write this)

Monsieur Prouvaire,

If you were real I do hope we may have been good friends. Although I must regrettably inform you that I am not alive in the 19th century. Perhaps you were real, lived by a different name, but retained the same nature I have strived to achieve.

If you lived now, I do not know what you'd think. Many things have changed, but some problems still exist. I go by the belief you existed back then, and I think you'd still want to fight for a cause now. Theres plenty I would want to fight for.

I try to understand your cause, and I do see your point. Freedom and equality. Liberty for all. The end of suffering. I know you were young, kind, innocent. I know you didn't want to fight, you were a romantic I believe. A poet.

There are many things to write about now, maybe moreso than there was back then. Love, nature, being, history and art. Some fashion sense has remained too. Flowing sleeves of shirts and blouses, waistcoats, neckties too (on some occasions). From what I read it almost seems you may have chosen your clothes by blindly searching through a cupboard in the dark. Although, I do like your fashion. I have numerous puffy sleeved blouses myself.

Anyway, I think I shall conclude my letter here. I'm sure you have more important things to read, like poems or revolution plans.

~ Eli