Chapter 19

"HE'S THE ONE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WITH SASHA AND CONNIE?" Jean looks so surprised. I nodded and he stood up from the sit and started to walk but I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" I said and furrowed my brows. He looks mad and ready to fight someone anytime.

"I'm gonna kill him, ofcourse. After he gave you bruises like that?" He pointed at my 'almost-healing' shoulders. "Connie and Sasha isn't here so I'll take the place to kill him. I've always wanted to kill him anyways." He said huffing.

"Wait wait wait wait. Do you know Eren-- no," I shook my head in confusion. I held my head and looked up to him infront of me. "How do you know about this bruises of mine?"

He raised his brows. "Obviously. You won't be running to me, crying with ripped clothes with your lips bleeding and bruised shoulders. And he was my hated classmate from highschool. He" He pointed.

I scrunched my nose. "Can we just.. not talk about... that time. I thought you were Connie that time." I stood up and gently pushed him back to his seat. I looked back at the counter and Eren's already nowhere to be found that made me sigh in relief.

"Just.. Let's just stay here and do our thing. I don't.. wanna be involved with him for the meantime." I said unlively and went back to my own seat feeling pale. Jean raised his hands for signal and later on, a waiter came with a cocktail and served it to us. I just stared at it and then he spoke.

"Do you wanna go home?"

"No." I shook my head. "No. Let's not do that. We came here not to leave just because of him." I sighed and leaned back.

"Tell me what exactly happened? Why are your friend's teeth is always gritting from the mention of your.. husband?" He asked. I looked at him through his eyes and averted my gaze when I remember all that happened to me.

"Aren't you... gonna go back to work?" I asked, making sure I'm not wasting his time.

"I own my time."

Jean listened to me the whole time I was talking. He's like a student listening to whatever the teacher's talking about. He's very serious about listening and wasn't moving an inch except for nodding. He pulled his handkerchief when my tear unconciously fell from the mention of my older sister.

I sighed and laughed bitterly. "So yeah." I sniffed and wiped my tears. "Cool story, right? I can make money by writing my own story using my life. Maybe I was destined to be a millionaire." I joked which he never laughed. He looked down and stood up. He sat beside me and in a blink of an eye. He hugged me.

I was confused but I didn't move. I sighed and gave in so I hugged him back. I feel really relieved right now. It feels like pounds has been lifted from my chest and I can now breathe properly.

Let's not talk about asthma.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that." He apologized when he pulled out of the hug. I laughed at him.

"You look silly, seriously." I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, it's not that I'm not used to it already. And there's a lot of people who have it hard time than me." I shrugged.

"Still," He said. I shook my head and called a waiter. I ordered a bottle of whiskey. Jean didn't mind about it, so we both kept drinking until I had enough. My vision is already spinning after two bottles.

"Hey, let's head home." Jean whispered.

"Huh?" I looked at the guy beside me. He still looks sobber while I look wasted already. "I'm not going back to that hell. I'm tired of being a fucking maid."