Chapter 31

One year later..

I opened the office and entered it. All eyes are after me, including Historia with wide smile, sitting on her chair.

"Oh my God, hello!" Historia suddenly stood up as I pushed the stroller infront of me. Historia hugged me and went to the baby to carry it. The baby made funny noises as Historia is dancing with her.

"You're alone?" I asked and grabbed the baby bag to make the baby's milk. Historia was playing with the four month old baby as she nodded. "Well, sucks for you. Was it three? four days you had bonding with her." I gave her the baby bottle as she feed the baby.

"Hmm. The company only have me and Ymir ever since my dad died." She looks sad. But eventually smiled and pinched the baby's cheeks. "Glad this patootie came."

I sat down and leaned on the couch. Finally, I can rest even for a minute. Jean was busy in his own company- when he decided to go back home few years ago- so I don't have anyone to help me take care of the baby.

I once again stood up when I saw Historia trying to make the baby burp. After that she gave me her back and smiled apologetically.

"Don't give me that look, Historia. I understand you're busy." I said. She thanked me and went back to work.

Four months ago, when her father died and at the same time, this baby came into our lives. Ymir and Historia got very busy to take care of their daughter, Crista. I, a magazine journalist, am glad I can take day offs anytime I want. Jean helped me look for a job that'll suit me. He sometimes pass his work to his dad-- our dad-- if I'm busy and he takes care of Crista.

Historia's assistant went inside her office. She smiled at me and greeted the baby while I'm rocking her and went to Historia.

"What's this?" Historia asked her assistant in a whisper way. The assistant looked at her with confusion.

"Uhh.. That's your schedule for the week?" The assistant answered in question but Historia shook her head and pointed something on the tablet.

"I know. I meant this. Their back?" She said in wide eyes. The assistant nodded.

"Yesterday. And It seems like their willing to invest again here. Or should I remove that?"

Historia shook her head and sighed. "No. no. I was.. just surprised." She said and glanced at me. I smiled at her and stood up. Crista is playing with her mouth making bubbles of spit.

"I think we should go. We might interupt you." I chuckled. Historia stood up.

"No, you're not interupting. I would love to see my baby for the whole day. But the meeting with other company will be held in my office."

I nodded and was about to put Crista on her stroller when Jean entered the office wearing a casual attire. I assumed he came from his work. He made funny faces as he tries to approach Crista.

"The hell are you doing here?" Both Historia and I said and he dramatically held his chest like he was hurt.

"Can't I visit my god daughter?" He was about to get Crista from my arms when I distanced her from Jean.

"Crista is MY god daughter. You look like a grandpa to be her godfather." I rolled my eyes. He widened his eyes and neared me. I raised my foot to threaten him.

"Hey! Let me hold her--"

"No!"

"I'm her god father--"

"No!" I runaway from him as Crista made laughing noises. We all laughed as we heard her laughed too.

"You siblings, get out out of my office and leave my baby here." Historia stood up and approached the both of us. Jean and I shook our heads,smiling.

"No, she's not! She's our baby!" We yelled as soon as we heard the office door opened. Our attention went to the person who entered the office.

My eyes met his torquise eyes and I was surprised enough not to say anything. I felt my heartbeat pounding so hard while I stared to him. He looks different from before I saw him last time. His hair was tied neatly, he's wearing a formal attire with a dark neck tie as partner.

I was the one who averted the gaze when I felt Jean carried Crista so I let him. Historia sensed the awkward atmosphere so she faked cough and smiled to me.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Y/N." She said. She smiled and nodded at Jean. I walked as Jean followed me from my back. I once looked at him when I walked passed him but he was looking away with..

Pain? I couldn't tell what he looks as I left Historia's office. I even saw Hitch gave me a wave but I only gave her a small smile. Jean said he'll bring Crista to his house so he could have his mom help him babysit. I didn't really answered him well when I just went straight to my car. I forgot what I'm supposed to do this day.

I was filled with random thoughts about Eren coming back.

I thought he left for good?

He even gave up his position to his mom when he left so why bother come back?

Is it because of my sister's grave that he left her.

Pain crossed my heart. After all this years passed, he's even inlove with her. Lucky. Cuz' here I am, also inlove with him.

I just sighed as I went to flower shop to buy flowers and went to the hospital. The nurses greeted me as I walked passed them and went to my parent's room. I placed the flower on the small stand and greeted my parents.

'In not good condition' is an understatement to describe them. My dad was attacked by stroke. Everytime I visit them, his eyes are always shot like he don't ever wanna see me. My mom's in diabetic coma making her almost unconcious. I know they didn't treated me good but they're still my parents. They sheltered me, clothed me, fed me, made me graduate in my dream school. If we turn the world around, they're still my parents. Whenever I come here, I always talk to them so they won't be bored.

"Did you know, Eren came back?" I told them and was ready to make a whole speech when my dad's finger moved a little. I smiled thinking he's listening.

"I thought he left for good. But nobody beats home, right?" I said. Just like them, whatever they do to me, I would still comeback no matter what.

"Well, one year isn't that long compared for those years that I was diagnosed with amnesia. That years sucks but fun at the same time." I chuckled. "Imagine not having any gadgets for two years." I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I was glad I met Zeke, Eren's half brother. If not for them, I would've been died in boredom."

That time too, when I thought Eren was building feelings for me. I guess I'm wrong. He just regret what he did but there's no way he'll love me ever.

Should I just give up?

If I told him I already forgave him, will we'll be acting like friends? Or ignore each other for lifetime unless we run each other? Will that even work for me?

I sighed and removed all the thoughts of him. I continued telling them about my day and Historia and Ymir's daughter, Crista. After that I left them to the nurse's care. I should be able to go back next week.