Chapter 23: Epilogue

Y/N stood among the other six women staring out at the many guests sitting in front of the lake, the warm sun shinning down on them. She smiled over at Seán standing excitedly among the line of men across from her. He smiled back when Mark suddenly gasped, tears quickly welling up in his eyes.

It's finally time!

Everyone's attention turned to the back of the isle as beautiful music began to play, Amy standing arm in arm with her father, smiled in the most stunning white dress sparkling in the sunlight. The colorful jewelry she had made on Subnautica hung gracefully from her hip, matching the ones her dear friends wore standing beside the alter. Her beautiful flower crown rustled in the breeze as she made her way down the isle, her father gently hugging her before proudly handing her off to Mark.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to join Mark Fischbach and Amy Nelson in holy matrimony."

The quiet sound of sniffles surrounded the alter, tears of love and joy gently streaming down everyone's faces as Mark and Amy finally share their wedding day with the people they so dearly love. When Mark's brother finally provides the rings, Amy laughing slightly at placing Mark's on his right hand, the park is filled with bright smiles.

As they share their uniting kiss, Mark's mother whispers proud words to the seat reserved for his father's picture; the small crowd cheering in celebration. Even the cuttlefish in the pond beside us chirped in their own happy cheers. Amy turns to everyone and stands tall.

"I finally have the weird last name I always wanted, so let's get this party goin!" She jokingly shouted.

Laughter filled the air as everyone made their way to the near by buffet and dance floor, in celebration of the first wedding since rebuilding was complete. Congratulations were shared as everyone danced their way through the night, the embrace of a new sense of peace bringing true joy to the people of the new world.

By the time the party ended it was just their little group remaining. Venus and Sam were the first to say goodnight before heading home together. Ready to get back to reuniting families and pets the next morning, thankfully including Henry and Chika. 

Felix and Marzia gathered their sleeping children in their carriers, before sharing their own goodnights. After Mark had pulled Seán to the side for a short conversation, and Y/N once again congratulated Amy the two of them finally headed home as well. They watched Mark and Amy drive off to the house down by the shore  for their honeymoon before deciding to walk the twenty minutes home. 

"What a beautiful ceremony. Amy looked absolutely lovely in her wedding dress, and they were both so amazingly happy. What wonderful day." Y/N sighed.

"It really was awesome. And I've never seen Mark smile quite like that before." Seán smiled back.

She nodded in response as they passed under her favorite tree, happy to be alive in moments like these.

"Ya know," Seán paused, stopping beneath the willow, "You'd look just as beautiful in a wedding dress too."

"What?" She laughed in confusion.

"You'd look just as beautiful in a wedding dress of your own.. Especially if I'd be the one you'd be meeting at the alter." He grinned.

Understanding fell over her as she watched him kneel down in front of her, pulling a ring from his pocket. She instinctively covered her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes.

"If you'll have me, that is." He quietly finished.

At a complete loss for words she simply kneels down with him, embracing him in a tight hug. She feels him chuckle in response before helping her to her feet.

"I'm taking that as a yes." He smiles wide.

Sniffing back her tears she nods vigorously in response making both of them laugh before he lifts her up and spins her around in an ecstatic embrace.

The rest of their life together, is about to begin.