Part 6: A Day in the Sun

I woke up to extreme pain rippling through my body. My broken ribs are poking at my lungs, so I have to readjust for the millionth time. Everything aches terribly, somehow even my fingers hurt. Sleeping on this damp concrete floor can't be doing anything good for my spine either.

The chains around my joints keep biting into my skin every time I move, and the scabs are starting to form scars. I hear the familiar electric sound of teleportation outside of my cell, the flash of bright light pushing my headache into a migraine.

"Get up." Michael snapped impatiently.

I pushed myself to my feet, the pain increasing ten fold once I'm finally upright.

"I have good news!" He grins, "I found your little messenger, and finally got my orders back! Thank heavens it never made it to Y/N, or I'd be a lot angrier. And we both know you don't want that." He mocked.

I felt myself deflate as his swirling eyes continued to mock me. I couldn't even warn her.. I failed.

"Well, because I'm in a good mood now, you'll get to eat today," He tossed a bag of half eaten jerky to the floor, "Enjoy!"

His laughter is pompous and mocking as he slowly walks away, choosing to force me to hear him leave as he pleases while I sit behind these bars in chains. The food he was too lazy to finish strewn across the floor.

I want more than anything to get out of here, to see my family. All of my family. But all I can do for now is hope N/N catches on before it's too late. To hope and pray that she comes to find me, and if she can't do that; take care of my kids.

                                                                                            ~~

Y/N suggested we spend the day in the park land the twins rejuvenated, since we have time to relax together. It's honestly so amazing to be back together again, it almost feels like home. The only thing missing is Chase, but hopefully he'll join us soon.

"Hey Seán, is the cooler ready?"

"Oh, yeah I got all the food ready to go!"

Y/N smiled brightly, as our friends walk towards the door. A picnic felt perfect to everyone on a day as nice as this. Hopefully it'll give us a chance to get to know Michael and Venus as well!

"Hey there's a nice river out there, maybe we could all go swimming since it's been so long." I remarked sarcastically.

Everyone laughed or groaned at the thought of going back in the water. Subnautica is an amazing place, but none of us are gonna wanna go swimming for a good while. Of course Michael and Venus just end up slightly confused.

Beth gives me a side eye, Sam gently patting her shoulder. Actually, they've been rather distant since getting here. I wonder if they'll warm back up to us.

On our way to the park, Marzia talks about how their babies are doing while Felix brags about how they're going to be the worlds cutest babies. Everyone is talking and smiling, finally getting the chance to relax again.

Though it's a little weird feeling like Michael's just silently observing us, especially with Y/N occasionally glancing strange looks at him.

Once we arrive at the park Mark, Amy, Sam, and Beth all stare in awe. Venus nodding to himself knowingly, but still noticeably impressed. Michael smiles like someone's boss would if they showed off a job well done.

We collectively decided to sit under one of the new willow trees, setting up our large blanket and putting the cooler down to hold it in place.

"Soooo, everyone!" Amy shouted, jumping to her feet.