Part 4: Nice to Meet You

Yezimee walked across the barren land to meet us at the edge of the city, two lovely young women in tow. Seán, Felix, and Marzia watching curiously as I take to my assignment.

"N/N! Good to see you again." Yezimee smiles.

"Good to see you too. So what are we doing today?"

"These two ladies," She gestures to the twins," Are Maria and Laura Colón. They're very strong Nature mutants. They completed all of Puerto Rico together and are here to help."

"That's amazing! Welcome, and thank you guys for coming to help."

Laura excitedly chirped 'of course' Maria grunting in agreement.

"They'll be showing you what they can do here today, and you are to help decide where they should go next."

"Sounds good, go ahead and do your thing."

Maria calmly sits cross legged as her sister surveys half of the 4 acres in front of them. Green grass slowly spreads out from where Maria sits as she breathes. Gently placing her hands on the ground flowers, grass, and a few Willow trees burst forth and blossomed across an even half of the land before us.

It was beautiful.

A moment later Laura slams her palms down gripping into the dirt. All at once tall grass and enormous redwood trees explode from the earth. The ground splits apart releasing a breath taking waterfall into a long river down the middle of the two sides of the newly formed nature. The two half's somehow flowing together perfectly.

Amazing.

Turning back to us, they chuckle at my friends mouths hanging agape. Their thoughts shifted between quiet amazement, and buzzing excitement.

"That was absolutely Awesome. You guys have some amazing skills." I excitedly breathe.

"Gracias." They chimed.

"Tomorrow I'll bring the non-mutant volunteers," Yezemee interjected,"So where would these two be most useful?"

"Asia. So few of their cities will remain and they need more nature around them to help maintain the mental and physical health of the people. I think these two would be perfect for the job."

"Wonderful!" She smiled.

The twins wave goodbye signaling the counsel woman to teleport out. Watching them flash away I can feel hope rising in my chest.

"Ready to eat?" Felix grinned.

"Course!" I smiled.

Marzia took stride beside me on our way to the community garden. Seán and Felix talking and making jokes just ahead of us.

"I've been kind of curious," Marzia began, "You said you'd repaired cities on your own. How does that work when you don't have any skill set for making the crumbled pieces stick?"

"A lot of people who can do that sort of thing can turn their energy into physical substance. So people like me are given palm sized balls of energy. When I have all the pieces held in place I throw it as close to center as I can and it covers the whole thing, melding it back perfectly. Well, I have to align it right but it gets rid of any breaks or weak spots."

"That's super convenient!"

"Hah, yeah I know. So," I sigh, "What did you wanna ask me?"

"Yeah, I figured it was obvious. I know growing stretch marks and more visible veins are normal, but it feels like there are too many veins coming up and they seem kind of off in color. I'm just a little worried."