Part 2: Something Big is Starting

"Michael, good to see you're back. Did you find her as hoped?"

Michael's shoulders slumped, it seemed as though he'd never find her.

"I see," The elder sighed, "Don't fret, young Michael. We will try until she is found. For now, did you receive any leads from your attempt?"

"No, Elder Stein, I unfortunately did not. The boy didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for her, it appears she never told him her true name like I had hoped."

"Not a problem, we will find another lead soon, son. Do not lose hope." The Elder smiled, reassuringly.

"Thank you, Elder Stein. I will return to my room."

Harshly clapping the back of their hands together, their thumbs tucked under their first three fingers. After holding position a few moments, they part was for the days to come.

                                                                                              ~~

Y/N watched with misty eyes as the new people of the city file in, overjoyed at the sight of their new homes. Most of them in tears at the sight of a city not in ruin. When the council first gathered the New Force, Y/N suggested moving the remaining populous together, as now far too many cities and towns exist to repair then there are people to live in them.

It also allows for them to clear out what isn't needed for nature to restore itself from the horrific damage it suffered. The mutants with abilities of healing and growth have done amazing work to progress the Earth's recovery. 

She was happy everyone had taken so immediately to her idea. It's easy for the mind to wonder into what the world will be when the repair is complete, how different everything will be.

"It's the most rewarding part of the job, don't you agree? Seeing the good we're able to do?"

Caroline walks up beside Y/N, smiling in her direction.

"It is. It's good to see you spending time away from your duties, with how often you overwork yourself." She smiled in return.

"Well, I did say I'd work on that," She chuckled, "I must say, I'm impressed you've finished this in just three weeks considering the size of the city. The environmentally friendly systems we created seem to be functioning perfectly."

"Practice, I guess." She sighed, idly scratching at her ribs.

Caroline's gaze lingered over the crowd of people entering the city before landing back on Y/N.

"I spoke to the Council about how long you've all been kept away from home and your Loved ones."

Y/N's face suddenly turned hopeful and longing. Caroline smiled, once again.

"Go home, N/N. You deserve it. When we need you, I will personally let you know."

They shared a tight and tearful embrace before taking each other's hands.

"Ready?"

"So fucking ready."

Y/N had only ever been taken through teleportation a few times before, and she absolutely hated it. But if it meant she could get home faster, she couldn't care less.