1

Finally. That is all Leo could think of after landing. It has been 5 years since he last stepped foot in his motherland. After graduating college, Leo has advanced in his life as he moved to HongKong to get a better guidance in the stock market.

"Phi, is it okay to drive through this address before my stop?" Leo asks as he helps the taxi driver load his luggage. He holds out a paper with a script of Fiat's new address he had asked his parents to get from Fiat's parents.

"Why would you want to pass through that part of town? I don't get involved in this sketchy stuff. If you want to do that, you get another taxi. You seem like you are from far, don't get wound up in those types of things, boy," the taxi man's words confuses Leo.

"What do you mean? My friend lives here. Is this place not safe?" Leo's brows furrow. The man looks back at Leo with scrutiny and sighs.

"I'm sorry for your friend. Look, we'll drive through quickly. No stops. No slowing down. The people around there are usually not good people. There's drugs, and illegal activity," the driver explains and Leo's heart races at the thought of Fiat getting involved in such things. The two slide into the car and the man continues to talk. "The people who built your area is actually planning to buy out the land to gentrify. So those people are going to get kicked out and pushed away to better the market. If they're lucky they'll have family to turn to, but then again, if they did, they wouldn't be living there. Get your friend out of there. You seem young, so you still have a bright future ahead."

Leo can only nod his head as his mind begins to whirl with different scenarios. What has become of his best friend? As far as he remembers, Fiat was still working his way to become a great basketball player. When they had gaps between their conversations Leo assumed it was for practice or life got in the way. He did not expect it to have turned into this. Leo can see the world outside change dramatically as they drive through the area. The taxi driver explains that they have arrived and there are people swaying across the sidewalks, slumped over the walls and collapsed on the pavements. A universal sign of shoes thrown up on the power lines makes Leo sigh.

"You see what I mean, boy. Don't keep your eyes on them for long. They'll find it aggressive.  This bar is the biggest business this area has. Sometimes even people from the better side would come. They say there's a bartender who makes you a drink based on a few questions. Don't know if it's true. I wouldn't be caught dead in there. If am dead there, my wife is the one who killed me." The taxi man lets a small chuckle pass his lips. Leo's eyes linger on the neon lights that are off, indicating that the place is closed.

"There really is a dividing line between the two areas even if they share streets," Leo mumbles and the taxi man expresses his agreement. They soon arrive to Leo's apartment building and feels guilty at the grand of it. "Thank you for everything. I appreciate it."

"Stay on this side, boy. Get your friend out of there while you're at it," the taxi man nods his head while Leo gives a wai. The newcomer drags his bags with him and enters the building's management office.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up my keys. I'm the new tenant for P1056. I called," Leo greets the woman behind the desk.

"Two forms of Identification and a copy of your Title papers," she requests and he digs through his carryon for his things. The woman scans through the documents and her own file and approved before returning the items, followed by a set of keys. "We have a fingerprint identification for the doors, a keypad and these keys. Each one is a way to enter, you can set up as you please once you get up. A guide on how to set it up will be found on the folder at your foyer cabinet. If you have any questions here is a newcomer's pamphlet that has all of the contacts of the departments regarding the building and all who we are partnered with for extra services. You are not limited to these, but we get commission and you receive a small discount. Do you have any questions, Mr. Leo?"