2

Leo gulps when suddenly eyes are uncovered. He wonders if Fiat has been awake the entire time and he never finds out as Fiat checks the wall clock before gesturing for Leo to stand and grab his things. Leo hands over the laptop without a word and Fiat tucks it into his backpack. "You should have told me the time-"

"Did you finish what you needed to do?" Fiat cuts him off. Leo just confirms and is like a lost puppy as he follows Fiat out of the bar and waits for him to lock up. "There aren't any taxi's that pass by here anymore. You'll ride with me."

"But you drank-"

"Well do you know how to drive a bike?" Fiat raises a brow challengingly. Leo smirks and gestures for Fiat to lead the way. For a moment, Leo is given a new expression of surprise from Fiat, before it morphs back to his usual stoic one. A sleek black bike appears before them and they strap on helmets. Wordlessly, Leo throws his leg across the body and kicks back the stand as he balances the bike with his feet. Fiat stares at him for a moment before joining at the back. It makes Leo smirk and boldly take the other man's hands and bring it around him.

"Hold on," Leo instructs even though he is well aware that Fiat knows what to do. Leo revs the engine as soon as he starts the bike and they zoom along the road. The change in environment is clearer to Leo even though it is already night. The blinking streetlights seize to exist in the bright lit city streets of his neighborhood. He pulls into his building's underground parking and stops at his allotted slot. Shutting off the bike confuses it's owner.

"I was trying to tell you earlier to stop at the front," Fiat says hopping off in order for Leo to follow. Leo raises a brow.

"You didn't expect me to let you drive yourself back after already stopping you," Leo crosses his arms, hands keeping the bike keys tight in his hands. Fiat has a look of annoyance on his face and it makes Leo smirk. "When was the last time we had a sleep over, Fiat. Wait, do you go by First now? Is that a thing?"

"Just for work," Fiat mumbles as he takes of his helmet and ruffles his hair out. For a moment Leo is silenced as he is awed by his friend's beauty. When Fiat looks back at him Leo quickly averts his eyes and removes his own helmet. "What?"

"Nothing. Let's go. My place is bare, but I've got a bed. You're still fine with sharing right?" Leo begins to lead the way and glances back to make sure Fiat is following and nodding his head. They take the elevator up and Leo stares at their reflection together. When was the last time they were in the same frame?

"You weren't kidding when you said bare," Fiat points out as they enter the apartment. Leo chuckles and explains that things are to be shipped. "Do you have food at least?"

"I went grocery shopping earlier," Leo nods and his eyes follow the curious boy and sees him stop at the large windows that overlook the city. "Thought you might like that part. Did you want to go out on the balcony?"

"You have one?" Fiat eyes shine and it makes Leo want to see them all the time. He nods and takes Fiat's hand boldly as he pulls him along. They walk towards the masters and Leo unlocks the door, allowing Fiat to go first. He watches the awe morph onto his face. Fiat walks up to the railing and leans against it as he looks down and out at the city.

"I feel like I should be the one in awe. You're the one who has been living here all this time," Leo mentions with amusement. Suddenly Fiat's face turns sour and he heads back inside. Leo, confused, rushes after him. "Wait, hold on. Did I say something?"

"Nothing. I'm tired," Fiat mumbles and helps himself to Leo's clothes and pantry. Leo is left to just follow his lead and they lay side by side on the bed. Leo is confused. They are so close, yet why do they feel so far away.