10

Dejected and lost by the suddenly abandoned apartment, Leo walks all the way back to his place. Leo did not understand what happened between last night and today.

Just yesterday, Leo visited Fiat at the bar like any other night and even conversed with Lisa, who was helping to close. They traveled home together. Fiat drove Leo home and instead of going back to his, he stayed the night again.

"Please, Fiat. It's not like there really is an issue with you staying the night. It doesn't affect your work or anything else in your life right? Tomorrow I'll be giving the last of the payment too," Leo begs Fiat who is still sitting on his bike at the front of Leo's building.

"I've got things at home and I've already been sleeping over almost the entire week. I can't leave my place empty for so long," Fiat sighs. Leo frowns as his head drops and unhappily hands over the helmet. "Ugh, fine! But I'm leaving early morning to go home and check on everything. Don't expect me when you wake up."

Leo didn't expect it- sort of. He at least expected a note, but was left without a trace of Fiat sleeping over. Now he trudged back to his place unable to contact his best friend as every call gets sent to voicemail.

"Come on, Fiat. What made you run-" Leo's words are cut off as he enters his home to find the lights on and a pair of shoes by the door. "Fiat!?"

"Leo..." Fiat freezes from his spot on the stool. He is mid reach to dust off top of the shelf. "Uhh. Hi! I didn't expect you to come back home. Uhhh."

"Thank goodness you're okay," Leo rushes across the room and pulls the other off the stool and holds him in his arms. "Thank you. Thank you for being here. Thank you."

"Sorry for coming unannounced-"

"You're always welcome."

"I was cleaning in hopes that it would help my case."

"You don't ever have to feel the need to do that."

I- I don't know if your offer about becoming roommates is still open-"

"Of course it is! Of course, Fiat!" Leo cups Fiat's face and beams. "My gosh, Fiat. You scared me. I went to your place and-"

"You went to my place?" Fiat pulls away, making Leo's hands drop. The paled face worries him. "You went to my place!?"

"Well, yeah, I thought-"

"You thought what, Leo!?" Fiat explodes, startling Leo. "Did anyone follow you? Did anyone see you?"

"What? I just passed by hoping you were home still. I wanted to celebrate a little," Leo's brows knit with confusion. Fiat, again asks if someone followed him or saw him. "Uh, some woman-"

"Across from me?" Leo nods his head silently and watches as Fiat's body visibly relaxes. "Don't go back there, okay? It's not safe."

"Is everything okay, Fiat?" Leo asks, approaching the bothered soul.

"Word got out that I have someone to pay off debts and even with negotiating my relief from certain debts, people started reaching out again-"

"When was this? Did they hurt you? Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Do you have to go to the hospital?" Leo frantically checks Fiat's body for any sign of violence. When he looks up to ask again as the other stays silent, he finds a faint smile on Fiat's lips. "What?"

"Nothing," Fiat shakes his head and embraces Leo as he buries his face into his shirt.

"You're okay, right?" Leo asks after a moment of them staying in an embrace, with Leo's hand gently rubbing Fiat's back. A hum and a small nod is his response and he gives a grateful squeeze. "You are always welcome here. If you need us to move, we'll move. If you need to change jobs, I will help and support you as much as you need me to. If you just want to stay inside this lovely apartment and watch all the movies and dramas you want, you can. I'll take care of you. I'll be the one to hold onto you this time okay?"