8

Life does not stop, even when you hope it would.

You think you are ready to exit off the train, but there is no stop for you to get off.

The place where you wish to be is still far.

"An anniversary party? More like a place for them to show off the money we just secured for them," Tan rolls his eyes as he leans against Leo's office door, waving the invite in the air. "Their company would not have lasted this long if we did not tip them which markets were going to boom."

"Tan, it's a socializing event. What we learn from this we can share it with another client. It's how it works. You'd think after all these years, you would get use to it," Leo shakes his head as he slides his chair back and reaches into his mini fridge for water bottles. He tosses one over and Tan is quick to catch it. "You better not bail on me or pick up some random person while you're suppose to be professional."

"Oh please, I am not like those greasy old rich guys. I have class, Leo," Tan points at him accusingly. "However, I am not one to be abstain from any adult activities. Whatever happened to that one girl. What is her name again?"

"Are you still questioning about Natty? I saw her a few times and that was it. We agreed that we weren't a good match anyway," Leo rolls his eyes as he recalls the time he tried to test out his feelings. Natty was a model girlfriend. A puzzle piece that fit into Leo's life, yet their colors did not match.

"A few times? You were seeing her for three months. Sure you guys spent a lot of it at work, but you guys were able to get through that. If that doesn't say a good match I don't know what is? You guys were practically the couple everyone hoped to be. It seemed so easy for you guys and you hardly had any problems." Tan walks and leans against Leo's desk only to get smacked at the leg for creasing some of the papers. "I hear she is actually a daughter of a big businessman. Who knows, we could work with them one day."

"Easy doesn't mean happiness or attraction," Leo refocuses on the accounts on his screen. "With the work I'm doing and the state I am in with life, I am not at a position to get to know people like that. Plus, I just moved back after living abroad for most of my life. I'd like to settle in first. Is that so bad?"

"I've known you for those years living abroad. It doesn't seem to matter if you are settled in or not and I don't think you will ever be satisfied with whatever state of your life you're in. You never put yourself out there unless it's business. Have some fun. This anniversary is going to be at a banquet hall. There will be drinks, dinner, and time for talking. At least talk this one person. I think you'll like them," Tan gathers his hands together as he leans over to get Leo's attention.

"You know I hate it when you tried to set me up with people, Tan. This pout soul is going to get a slap in the face," Leo groans and falls back against his seat. "You ought to clarify that I am not interested before this goes out of hand. That one girl Pan is still requesting to message me and that guy Yang was a near creep. He appeared outside my house after a single meeting at a business party. I never shared that information with anyone!"

"Okay, so maybe some of the people who approach me to get to know you are a little out of their wits, but this one is nice. I'd say she's almost at Natty's level, but even better. She's fun, a little quirky, shorter than you, driven, and has a love for films and sweets." Tan tries to push for the girl. "At least meet her. She also has a business proposition if your only interested in work. See, chill. Nothing weird."

"Whatever, Tan. You're gonna have to deal with my ride. I am still yet to find time to get a car for myself," Leo sighs and waves his hand dismissively. Tan groans but agrees to the compromise and exits the room when their coworker pops in to call for him. "Should I ask Fiat if he wants to come to this one? We haven't met up in a while."