11

Have you ever convinced yourself so much that you fail to see the signs against it?

Have you ever laughed at someone's comment, only later to realize that they were right?

"You're working our business party?" Leo questions as the two of them discuss their route for the weekend errand run. As Leo sits in the driver's seat, Fiat just informs him about the need to buy liquors and other alcoholic aides for a party next weekend.

"Uh, I guess so. I didn't realize that the party you meant last time was that party. Should I ask for a replacement?" Fiat rubs his hands on his lap and Leo reaches over to place a warm hand over them to calm him.

"Why would you do that? This your job," Leo questions.

"Well, these are important people that you know. Wouldn't you be embarrassed to have me working it?" Fiat's brows furrow as his lips turn down in a pout. "Your coworkers have seen me, so they'll surly recognize me."

"Fiat, they'll be blown away by the drinks you make and hardly think any less of you. Besides, why do you care if I don't? These people are stuck up and going to be tips halfway through the night," Leo shrugs as he pulls out of the parking. "Honestly, I'm glad you'll be there. I'll have somewhere to escape to."

"Aren't you use to these types of things?"

"Sure, but they're still boring and pretentious. I just have to go because it's a client and these events help with connections and inside information," Leo sighs. "Do you have to wear a suit too?"

"Uh, they told me formal, but all black. I think I've got a something black that could pass," Fiat scratches his head as he thinks about his small variety of clothing.

"We'll go to the mall then. I need a new pair of pants for my suit. It seems as though I've gained weight since coming back," Leo pats his stomach and flinches when a poke hits his side. "OI! Fiat! We could get into an accident!"

Fiat cackles at the passenger seat and holds his own stomach from laughing. He tries to go for another poke, but Leo uses one hand to hold the wheel straight while the other locks around Fiat's smaller wrists.

"Fiat!" Leo attempts to scold him, but could not help the small spurts of laughter that escape his lips. "Just wait until I'm able to focus on you! You're going to get it!"

True to his word, as soon as Leo parked, Fiat is pressed back into the leather seats as he cries in laughter. His poor attempts to fight Leo causes him to get tickled until his neck and face turn read. "Okay! I give up! I'm sorry! No more! No more, Leo! AHAHA! Please! I'm sorry!"

"Hmph!" Leo huffs as he triumphantly pulls away. Both of them had risen body temperatures as laughter still bubbles within them. "Don't cause any more distractions, Fiat. I could seriously lose control of the wheel and get distracted."

"Make me, Leo," Fiat smirks and pokes at Leo's shoulder tauntingly.

"Excuse me?" Leo leans forward across the center console and narrows his eyes. His fingers hover, ready to attack.

"I. Said. Why don't you make me, Leo," Fiat smirks and runs out of the car before he could catch him. Leo is left in the driver's seat with a goofy smile on his face. It is not until Fiat turns back to wave at him. "Well, come on! We don't have all day!"

"Coming!" Leo yells and jogs over and they enter the bustling mall. Families, friends, lovers and couples scatter around for a casual outing or a purpose. The pair blend in as they look around at the different storefronts to find the place they need. Often times they are diverted but, eventually, they reach the store for suits.