7

"You! Get over here!"

"Mae!!"

"You little rascal! How long have I been trying to reach out to you and have you come home? Lucky Leo came home and brought you here with him! Get back here!"

Leo is still standing by the bike with a goofy smile as he watches the not so young boy run away to avoid the wrath of his mother.

"It's good to see you, Leo. I can definitely say I miss the sound of this and seeing the two of you together," Fiat's father clasps a hand onto Leo's shoulder, who politely gathers his hands together and gives him a proper hug.

"Khun Mae still as energetic as ever," Leo chuckles and the two of them follow after and walk into the house. "How have you guys been? Mae tells me you guys are preparing to retire? I feel like you guys are still so young to be at the age of retiring."

"You and Fiat have already grown to be young men already. It only makes sense that we grow old too," the elder lets out a hoarse chuckle.

"Well, the both of you look great. Just like I remember," Leo grins at the older before looking over to find Fiat frowning as he is coddled in his mother's arms. "Hello, Khun Mae. It's good to see you."

"Come here, son! Join us!" She waved him over and he happily makes his way over and slides into her other side on the couch and joins in on the group hug. He looks over as he gets pulled close with Fiat on the other side and smile. "Oh! I miss seeing the two running around here. Now that you are here, Leo. Make sure you visit more often and drag this boy with you. I don't hear or see this one anymore."

"I wish I can, Khun Mae. I'll make sure to use all the long weekends to come here," Leo leans back to look at Fiat's mother in the eye.

"Your mother told me how taxing your work is. You had your paper work transferred right?" Leo can only smile at the motherly nagging. "Fiat, you live near him and I gave him your address for that reason. I'm sure you know why I'm saying this, but make sure you take care of him and make sure he does not get too sick. I don't know what you're doing these days since you suddenly decided to drop everything, but at least do this for us."

"Mae, you know why I had to leave," Fiat sighs and pulls away. A wall rose high. Leo's eyes furrow as he also sits up straight and looks between them. "I already took care of him when he got sick after arriving. Why didn't anyone tell me about it!? Why am I the last to know?"

"Well if you just responded and didn't pull away.." She says the same as Leo did and receives a glare from her son. "Look, it's something you and Leo are old enough to talk about yourselves. Us parents left that to Leo to talk about, but we all know that you even pulled away from him."

"Well, we're all together now right?" Fiat throws his hand out. He sighs and stands. "It was a long drive. I'm just going to my room and freshen up."

The three watch him disappear into his room before a silence looms over them with similar thoughts. "We thought that maybe he was finally having his moment of rebellion and let him be, but we are worried. Is he doing okay, Leo?"

"Khun Phor, to be honest. I don't know too much, but he has a place to stay and he seems to be doing well with his work. Quite dedicated. He said that he doesn't take off often outside of his assigned days off," Leo vaguely explains what he can about Fiat to appease the worry and curiosity of the parents. Leo glances over at the bedroom before looking back at them. "Did something specific happen that Fiat left and suddenly pull away?"

"He didn't tell you?" Fiat's mother asks with surprise and Leo is left with confusion as he shakes his head. "He didn't say why he didn't continue basketball?"