-ten-

"Are you ready?" I looked up at Taif and Laila. They were smiling like baboons. "You're about to get married." This came from Taif. 

"I know." I looked at the long dress that we got from ISP from Jackson Heights just for this occasion. It was black with gold trimmings. "I'm kinda scared." 

"That's natural." Laila came up next to me. "I felt scared too, and I knew Taif since middle school. It's a normal feeling."

"Am I dreaming?" I asked. "Am I really getting married?"

"Yep." Taif stepped next to me and pulled out something from his pocket. "Here's your gift from me and Laila." 

He handed me a bracelet. It was made of gold, and matched beautifully with my henna that I did on my hands last night. 

Tears started making my sight blurry. I started thinking about my mom, how she would have wanted to see this. She would have wanted to know my husband so well... 

At least Allah put her out of her miserable. At least, she's in Allah's salaam. 

"Hey don't cry." Taif said. He knew why I was crying, and I knew from the waver in his voice that he wanted to cry too. "She would have been so proud of you right now. She would have told you how much Hiro needs you."

"Yeah that's right, I do need her." We all spun to see Hiro, who was wearing a leather jacket over a tawba. He looked at me, concerned. "Why are you crying?"

"My mom." I answered. "I was thinking about her."

He froze. Then looked down at his feet and said, "My father killed my mom. When I was 8."

My throat sealed, and my tongue didn't seem to work. The room was silent. And then Taif went up to Hiro and gave him a bear hug. 

"It's okay man." He said. I was choking on my tears. On my words. "Allah gave us each other. We are family now. Don't worry about what is going to happen. Allah is always there for us, and since we have each other, I am pretty sure that is all we need." 

"Besides Allah." Laila pointed out. "Because even we can leave. But Allah will never ever leave our side." 

Unless we disobey Him. And I am never going to do that, unless I have to. 

"Are you ready?" Laila said. I nodded. She smiled and nodded to Taif and Hiro. 

"Let's go." 

---

I am sitting on the bed in Hiro's room. I am so so SO scared. I already changed out of the gown and was wearing a light dress that was sleeveless and leggings. My hair bumped against my arms. 

I was moving into the room. This wasn't his room anymore. It was our room. 

I shook the shivers away. Just as I finished doing this, the door opened. 

My eyes widened and I let out a gasp of fear and shock. Hiro gave me a funny look before closing the door. 

"Salaams to you too Kayandi." He said. He had traded the tawba and jacket for a sweatshirt that fitted him perfectly. How can one be so good looking?! 

"Sorry!" I put my hands up. "I'm not very used to this."

Hiro closed the door and chuckled. "Remind me that next time you gasp when I open the door to see you without your hijab on." 

"I'll get used to it." I answered, shame making my cheeks flush. Why am I so uncomfortable?!! "Anyway, is there something for me to eat? I'm starving."

"You got to be kidding me Kayandi." He sat down next to me. My arm grazed his sweatshirt sleeve, and I tried not to squeal. "You didn't eat anything during the banquet?"

"No-"

"You really are something." I blushed. He noticed, because he started to laugh. 

"Why are you laughing?" I asked. His hand was tempting, since it was right next to mine. That just caused him to laugh even more. 

"Either you are really sensitive or are you really scared?" Hiro wheezed. I was stunned. He's laughing at my expense?! Why? "This isn't like you, Kayandi. You aren't a shy individual, you know that right?"

I was about to say something sarcastic when he put his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. Like he did it everyday. 

Just like I dreamed he would do everyday.

"I can't believe you're laughing at my fear." I told him. "That's a very mean thing to do Hiro."

"I never said that I was a nice person." That made me slap him. 

"Ow..." He rubbed his cheek. I couldn't help but smile. He glared at him. "Thank you Kayandi. Much appreciated." 

"You're welcome." I smirked at him. "Now give me something to eat."

"I don't have any food," Hiro said, and he lended close to my face. His breath smelled like mint and excitement. "But I do have this." 

His lips dropped down on mine, and I gasped. I put my arms around him, trying to stop myself from falling onto the mattress, to stop the possibility of him getting on top of me, but it didn't work. 

But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. The fact me and him were there, in that moment, doing something that we were completely allowed to do, and the fact that I loved it, was all that mattered. 

And I realized, when he broke the kiss, and we were both gasping for air, that was all I wanted at that moment. 

I pulled him into another kiss, and I knew that from that I would be addicted to him. 

And that, my friends, is the biggest gift from Allah for me. 

Hiro Namikaze.