-fourteen-

The sun woke me up. I never felt this warmth from the sun like this in a while, so it shocked me a little. But I think that it was very beautiful. 

Hiro was asleep. I felt his arm around me, like he needed to protect me, even in his sleep. I find that very cute. 

I kissed his nose. Before last night, I would have been scared that that would have waken him up. But it didn't, and I knew that now, but I wished that he was awake so that he would kissed me back. 

Allah, is this how what a happy marriage looks like? Am I lucky that my husband shows so much affection and love towards me? And that he actually loves me? For who I am? 

I just wanted to stare at him forever. But in this dunya, this temporary home, I can't. I have to wait until we both go to Jannah, or Paradise. 

Insha'Allah, that is where we will be, after we get judged on the Day of Judgement. 

I tried to move so that I can get out of the bed, and wash my face and brush my teeth, but I just moved a little bit when Hiro's arm tightened around me. 

"Hiro." I whispered, a smile on my face. "Can you please let me go?"

He groaned in response. It sounded like a "no". 

"For Allah's sake, please let me go." My hair brushed his cheeks as I moved closer to him. "I promise I'll come back." 

"No Kayandi." Hiro said, his eyes still close. He sounded so groggy. And cute. "How are you even awake?"

"Why?" I asked, ignoring his side comment. He opened his eyes and gave me a annoyed sleepy look. "You know why." He said. 

"But I know how to defend myself." I answered. He gave me a look. "I know how to punch people. I do it all the time."

"Kayandi." I had to fight the urge to kiss him. "Please. Just wait." 

"I don't want to wait." I answered. "I want to go. Now. Please." I tried to make the please  sugary and sweet, but I knew that he wasn't going to buy it. 

Not that I didn't mind that. I was starting to love having him next to me all the time. I realized that I loved every single thing about him. His smell, his eyes, his ears. His nose, his chin, his lips. His hugs and his laughs. When I say that I love everything about him, I really honestly mean it. 

"Neya." His voice, soft and sweet, broke through my head. I realized that we were both looking at each other, and not saying a thing. 

I just he's the same, just it's about me, not him. 

"Do you know what I do if something happened to you?" He whispered. He threaded his hand through my hair, and automatically I rolled onto him and rested my head on his chest. He pulled my hair band, and my loose ponytail turned into a waterfall of my black hair. 

"No, I don't know." The sunlight's warmth was going through my shirt and onto my back. I could hear Hiro's heartbeat, which reminded me of how many times I went into a surgery room, for my joints and so that I would be to walk, with Allah's permission, and heard my own heart, beating its way towards death. 

That was oddly comforting. 

"I would turn the world upside down just so that I could keep you safe. Just so that I could find you." My blood was rushing, and I could hear it. "I would do everything that Allah gave me the ability to do just to make sure that you are okay."

My heart felt like it was about to explode. 

"Hiro-"

"Look at me." I felt my heart squeeze so hard that I thought for a moment that I was about to die. I looked up at him and put my chin in my hands. 

"Don't you ever let anyone but Allah and Prophet Muhammad(SAW) influence you in any shape or form." He said. "Just always be you. I'm pretty sure Allah loves you for who you are." 

I smiled. I was starting to think that the warmth I was feeling wasn't from the sun. 

It was from love. 

"I think that's the same for you." I said. I moved up, so that I could easily kiss him whenever I wanted to. "I know that Allah loves you for who you are. That's why He guided you to Islam."

He smirked at me. "You're just a very hopeful person." I rolled my eyes, and he laughed. "That was a compliant Kayandi." 

"I know but still." I gently slapped his cheek. "You give me too many complaints." I got up and kissed his forehead. "Thank you for letting me go."

"What-"

By the time he got up, I was already at the bathroom door, and chuckling at him. By the time I got out of the bathroom, I couldn't hold my laughter. 

"I can't believe you're laughing at me!!!" Hiro said. I coughed back a laugh and moved to the kitchen. 

"I hate you!" He screamed, and then I heard the bathroom door slam shut. 

"I love you too!!" I answered and smiled. 

Pissing you husband off has its benefits. The only time you realize that, is when you do it.