-eighteen-

We heard the footsteps. I was staring at the small silver. I was waiting for it to become a huge beam. 

"There's three people." Hiro whispered. I looked up at the door, expecting fear, but only getting the seriously feeling. 

"Well, that means that we're out numbered." He said. I turned to look at him. 

"If Allah is with us, then who cares if we are out numbered? Allah's help is going to crush them." I wagged my finger in front of his face. "Whenever Allah helps someone, no body can stop them. So watch what you say Hiro."

"Why?" His grip on me tightened. "Do I sound hopeless?"

"No, you sound like you completely forgot that Allah's out there." I hissed. 

"Sorry." He looked at the door. The footsteps were still faded, but they were louder than before. I wondered if one of the people was my dad. 

"They're coming closer." I pointed out. He nodded and pulled me under his chin. 

"When they come in this room," He whispered. "I want you to go under the floor." 

I looked at him, not able to believe what he just told me to do. "What in the name of Allah are you talking about?"

"There's a small hole under the flooring, near your walker." He said. "You just have to pull the board back and crawl in."

"Should I go now?" I asked, even though I really didn't want to leave him. 

"Good idea." My heart screamed, and I let out a small sob. I was scared. I didn't want anything to happen to him. I wanted to be there for him. 

But if this was what Allah decreed, then that was what was best for me. 

He kissed me quickly and let me go. I crawled all the way to my walker, and immediately I found the board. I pulled it open, and there was a opening big enough for me to crawl into. 

I didn't look back as I crawled inside. I just pulled the flooring over me, and waited in the darkness. 

The door opened what felt like years later. My pulse increased and soon I could I hear the blood rushing in my ears. 

Someone screamed, and there was a crash. I was pretty sure that Hiro punched someone, whoever opened the door, and then I got my approval. 

I heard his muffled voice and my heart lifted. Alhamduillah, he's okay!! Thank you so much Allah!! 

I looked up. Suddenly I got an idea. 

I got on my knees and pushed the boarding aside, pulled myself up, to see a beautiful Asian woman lying on the floor, clutching her stomach in pain. Hiro was looking down at her, hate blazing in his eyes. 

"You must be Doris." I said, and crawled to her. She looked at me, and her eyes widened. Oh she recognized me. She knows. "Nice to meet you." 

"You're-"

"Yeah, I'm your boyfriend's daughter." I said. I noticed a tattoo that was poking out from her collar. All I saw was webbed wings. 

Like the wings that Shaytan has in the pictures that represent him. 

Disgust filled me like a candy when it is stuffed with filling. 

"You're disgusting." I whispered. She groaned and looked at me. 

"N-Ney-ya." She reached for me. Our eyes connected. There was so much shock and pain and hate in her eyes that it caught me off guard. 

"I'm s-so so-sorry." Her hand rested on my head. I was so confused. And then Hiro spoke up. 

"Are you apologizing because you told her father to target her, and do all the things that he did to her and her family, or are you apologizing because you realized that what you are doing is the most horrible thing that you could possible do to yourself?" His eyes were charged. I never seen him this angry before. 

"E-eve-everything." She whispered. My heart jolted when she coughed up blood. "I'm s-so-sorry f-for ever-everything."

Before I could say anything, there was a bang. I looked up at the open door to see Hiroto holding a gun, aimed at Doris. 

I looked down at her. There was a bullet hole on her forehead. Her eyes, now dead, were looking at me like marbles that were too glassy. Chills run up and down my body, and I felt like I was about to collapse. 

"How could you do that?" I heard Hiro yell at his father. "What type of human being are you?!"

"He's not human." I whispered. I was expecting a bullet, but I felt Doris's blood on my hands, seeping from her mouth and the fatal bullet hole. "They aren't even human."

"That is something that I don't normally hear." Hiroto said. I looked at him, and saw that the gun that he was holding was now pointed at me. "I didn't expect that from a disabled Muslim girl."

"May Allah punish for all your sins." I said. A wave of rage washed over me. I got up on my knees. "I don't care if you kill me. Go ahead. Do it. Allah will punish you, not me. That will only make you and your goonies lower than you already are."

"As if they aren't low enough." Hiro added. He looked at his father. "Go ahead. I don't support you. I only lived with you because I thought that I had no other place to stay." He looked at me, and we shared a look that only we could read. "But Allah showed me otherwise."

"Don't tell me you became a Muslim." Hiroto said, his finger ready to pull the trigger. "Don't make that mistake. Your mother made that mistake, and that cost her."

"She's in a better place than she was before." Hiro shot back at him. The gun seemed to unfazed him. "A place that I would do everything to go to."

"She really brainwashed you, huh?" Hiroto asked. He was shaking. I was waiting for him to drop the gun, so that I can grab Doris's phone(which was in her pant pocket), and call 911. 

Come on Allah, make him drop the gun. Please. That way Hiro can pin him down and I can call the police. 

Hiro tackled him, and Hiroto dropped the phone, and fought back. I smiled as I watched the gun clattered on the ground. Allah, you're the best. Thank you so much. 

 I grabbed Doris's phone and pulled it out of her pocket. I pressed the emergency button. My fingers shook as they pressed 911. 

While the number dialed, I made a prayer of thanks to Allah.

This whole thing was finally over.