Chapter 16- Preparing For The Dance

I was going to make the title "Getting Ready For The Dance" but I think it was kind if long. Or maybe I'm just trippin cuz now it's basically as long as that idk😅🤷‍♀️.

~Marinette's pov~

I was just sketching out some new designs in class since Ms. Bustier let us do what we want but quietly. I was so bored and I couldn't really focus with all the noise since everyone was so hyped about the dance tonight. Then the bell rang and everyone started to pack their things and headed out for lunch.

The girls and I were having lunch together to talk more about the dance. "So it's settled, we're getting ready at your house, right Mari?" Alya asked. I nodded in response. "Great!" She exclaimed. I noticed that Sabrina was looking a bit down. "Are you okay, Sabrina?" I asked her worried. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry." She said obviously lying. "Come on Sabrina, you're cleary lying. What's wrong?" Chloe asked as she put her hand on her shoulder. "Well, it's just that you all have dates with people you're interested in, and my boyfriend is all the way in New York (the guy from the NY special)." She explained looking at the ground. We all smirked (since she couldn't see) knowing about a special surprise that's in store for her tonight. "Aww it's alright, maybe you won't be so down tonight, trust me." Chloe said. And after a while she started to feel better.

~Adrien's pov~

"Don't worry dude, you'll be fine. I mean you already went on a date, and you know she likes you too." Nino said trying to comfort me. "Yeah but what if she rejects me? Peoples feelings change you know." I said knowing damn well it's true, since I went from liking Ladybug to her. "Yeah but it's Marinette, I doubt that she'll change her mind, trust me." Luka chimed in. "You know what you guys are right, I'm just going to believe in myself." I said a bit more confident. "That's my bro." Nino cheered and Luka joined him. I chucked in return.

~Third pov//Time skip~

They were all released early since the staff was busy on getting the school ready for tonight's dance. It was already 2:30 and the dance was at 6pm-11pm so all of the students still had some time. And the girls were coming over to Marinette's house until 4pm so she decided to go on patrol with her partner, which didn't take long. But before they went home they agreed on when they were going to reveal their identities (I'm not saying because I don't know myself😂). And with that they went home. Meanwhile Kyle wasn't going since he wasn't in the mood, and he was pretty sure since Adrien and Marinette are going together he would do something he'll regret. And he didn't need Marinette to hate him more.

~Marinette's pov~

It was getting closer to the time the girls were coming so before they arrived I went to go take a shower. When I was done I decided to blow dry my hair so it would be faster that way. When I was done I went to go grab plenty of cookies for Tikki in case of an akuma attack. Not that long after I heard some knocks on the door, well impatient knocks. I went to go get it and let the girls in. And we went up to my room to get ready excitedly.

"Okay this time no one is in charge of certain things like on Mari's date. Instead we all help each other, alright?" Alya said. We all nodded in response. "Good! Now let's get to work!" She exclaimed. And with that we started to get ready. Chloe and Sabrina began to do their make up, meanwhile Alya and I began doing our hair. Then we switched. And we would help each other here and there.

Then we all took turns in the bathroom to put on our dresses. And we started to put on our shoes and accessories. Basically our finishing touches. When we were done we helped each other to put everything in their place (like if a piece if hair is out of place and things like that). By the time we were ready it was already 5:47.

(I'll only insert a collage of what Marinette is wearing because I'm too lazy to do the rest😂.)

Not long after the boys arrived to pick us up

Not long after the boys arrived to pick us up. Then Alya and Chloe started to argue whether we go walking or by car. We were all fine with walking since it's literally down the street, but Chloe being Chloe started to complain. But Nino and Luka calmed them down and we started to walk there.

              _____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter! He did it y'all, I saw the Shanghai special and of course Adrien had to call Mari "just a friend" once again🤦‍♀️😑! Since I have nothing else to say, cya in the next chapter, bye guys!