Chapter 7- Awkward Situation

~Marinette's pov~

It was the voice of a guy. And I was squeezing my eyes shut hoping that it was my dad. I turn around and slowly opened my eyes. Great the one person I wasn't ready to see. "Oh, umm, hey Kyle." I said with an awkward smile. "What are you doing up so late?" He asked tilting his head. "Well I couldn't sleep so I came to get a glass of milk." I explained to him. "Oh, okay, well I'll leave you to it. Goodnight!" He said and with that he left. Thank goodness. I finished getting my milk and headed towards my room.

Morning came along and I was a bit exhausted from not being able to sleep last night. But other than that I was fine. Tuesday and Wednesday went by pretty fast. Which I was very happy with because school usually seems to be pretty long most of the time. And it's been two days since the whole lunch insedient happened. But even after that Adrien and Kyle would do that at times, mostly in front of each other.

It was now Thursday and today at lunch Adrien and I went to a seafood restaurant. "No way you did that! Is that why you were grounded for two weeks!?" I asked Adrien in disbelief. "Yep, I didn't mean to but I wasn't having a good day and then father started to scold me for some unknown reason. So I snapped." He replied nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Well you had your reasons so it wasn't your fault." I reassured him with a smile. He smiled at back at me. "Thanks Mari." He told me. "O-of course." I stuttered. "Hey Marinette, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date on Saturday?" He asked me. At first I thought I imagined it but when I saw him smile nervously and a blush across his face I realized that it wasn't my imagination what so ever. "Marinette? It's okay if you don't want to go." He said worryingly. "No, no it's not that it's just I was surprised. But yes, I'd love to go on a date with you." I said and smiled. "Really!? Great!" He said so happy. We agreed that we would text later to get more indept on the date.

When I got home I started to squeel along with Tikki who was so happy for me. Then I immediately started to do homework so I could text Adrien later. After I finished, my parents needed my help at the bakery and Kyle couldn't since he was still doing his homework. Like three hours passed by and I finished helping and as usual I was all dirty so I went to take a shower before Adrien would text me.

~Adrien's pov~

I was so happy and relieved that Marinette agreed to go on a date with me. I was on cloud 9. I was grinning like a fool after I got home and Plagg was starting to get annoyed. I checked what time it was, 7:42 already? I decided to be the first on to text since I was the one who asked her out.

Mari💖

A: Hey Mari.

M: Oh, hey Adrien.

A: So do you have any ideas on where to go on Saturday?

M: No, not yet. What about you?

A: Same as you. How about the movies?

M: How cliche😂. The movies sounds fun, but remember they shut
down for two weeks because of the rat infestation.

A: Oh yeah I forgot😅.

M: How about the movies that people watch outdoors? We can watch
a movie and we'll have picnic there.

A: That's perfect! But when does it start and what movie is it going to
be?

M: Hold on let me check.

A: Alright.
I simply replied but what she didn't know is that I was bursting with excitement.

M: It starts at 7pm and ends at 10pm. And the movie is that is going to
be shown is 'Beauty and the Beast'. Is that something you're down to watch?

A: Totally!

M: Great!

A: Yep and I'll pick you up at 6:30 so we won't be late.

M: So it's settled. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight!

A: Goodnight!

After we said goodnight to each other I started to jump on the bed with excitement like a little kid. Plagg started to mock me but I just ignored him. I was in too much of a good mood for him to ruin it.

~Third pov~

Little did Adrien know is that Marinette was doing the same thing at her house. And her kwami was much more supportive because her ship was finally sailing.

~Marinette's pov~

I woke up in such a good mood today, I got ready and ate breakfast pretty quick. I even finished before Kyle so left before him while he was still eating. And since Kyle wasn't going to walk with me I took my skateboard. And as I was skateboarding to school I was humming. Yes, you heard right humming I was in that good of a mood. When I got there Alya, Chloe, and Sabrina were waiting for me. We all greeted each other and went to the lockers.

Thankfully no one was there but us or so I thought, so that I could tell them the big news. "Hey girls, I have something exciting to tell you." I said. "What is it?" Chloe asked. "Adrien asked me on a date yesterday!" I exclaimed. They all gasped in sync. "No way!" "Really!?" "Amazing!" I heard all at once. "Yes, he asked me yesterday at lunch!" I said. "When is your date?" Sabrina asked. "Yeah, and where are you two going?" Alya asked after. "It's on Saturday and we're going to one of those outdoor movie places and have a picnic." I explained. "You're definitely going to let us help you get ready." Chloe said. "Of course, because I'll need help." I said giggling. And after all of that we headed to class.

~??? pov~

A date huh? I'll have to ask Adrien himself later. (yes I meant himself not myself okay that's not a typo😂). See if Marinette is joking or if it's true. And if it is true, I'll have a little chat with him.

                     ____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Who do you think is this mysterious person? And I hope you guys are excited for the date! Anyways cya in the next chapter, bye guys!