(RECAP) a little at a time...

AN:// since i haven't updated in a while, i figured i'd make this summary of what's happened so far.

C1: historia heads to school and is walked to class by ymir, the start of a cataclysm.

C2: the two go their separate ways after school and reflect their emotions.

C3: they share an awkward encounter the next day at school, but afterwards historia finds ymir sitting at a lonely bench.

C4: they share their first true conversation on that bench and talk until the sun begins to set.

C5: they part and historia heads home and tells her parents about this new found friend. while ymir heads to sasha's and shares an innocent conversation about not only historia, but ymir's home life.

C6: a week before winter break, school is canceled due to the snow. they have a relaxed day, ymir agrees to try sushi with sasha.

C7: sasha heads to ymir's with the sushi and some news. the wingman she is, she got her friend a date with historia, not very slyly though.

C8 P1: continuing right where C7 left off, sasha leaves historia alone. then we go into a flashback of historia and ymir's conversation on the bench. historia realizes ymir may like her much more than a friend, but not only that...she shares the same feelings. the two get ready for their exchange. they meet at the same bench.

C8 P2: they head to historia's house and "hangout" 💀 ymir meets historia's mom, cat cookies.

C9: small time-skip to after winter break, about two weeks later. the three find out they share some classes together.

C10: sasha heads to basketball practice, ymir and historia decide to walk home together, but end up drenched from a puddle bc of a car speeding past. historia is sure she likes ymir. they head to her house to clean up.

C11: they kiss lmao and ymir runs away, leaving her stuff.

C12: sasha encourages historia to give ymir her stuff back when they both realize her absence at school.

AN:// please forgive me for putting this story so low on my priorities. i have changed and grown a lot since i started writing this. and now i have a lot more in mind than just the romance ymir and historia didn't get. i know how it feels when u don't get to finish a story, so even if this is last thing i write, i will finish it for anyone still reading:)