C14 - your voice is my favorite sound

...your voice is my favorite sound

she's at the door, twiddling her fingers on the stairs. how many moments like this do you have in your life? historia guessed there's probably only one if you're lucky.

it's moments like this where she despises herself. if only it were so easy as that man said.

she thought about what she could say, if she should say anything at all, if she should just go home and leave it at that.

but she couldn't bring herself to do anything. she was frozen, flurries of snow resting in her hair.

ymir was in her room, quietly pacing. sasha had texted her to see what's been going on, but she knows much more than she lets on.

if she could, she'd run away and say she never liked historia in the first place, to save her the trouble of dealing with such a mess.

i like her, i run away from her when she kisses me. i waited so long just to run away.

but she knew why.

she knew exactly why...

she'd doubted historia ever liking her back...to the point she never prepared herself for if she did.

she'd never really seen love either. her parents weren't together, she had no one to speak to about it. besides sasha, but she's definitely mad at her.

perhaps this was how it always should have been.

or maybe she was just scared.

she even tried looking up what to do, but obviously no luck.

"ugh

"ugh...i'm just an idiot."

ymir messed with her nails wondering what she could do. if only she could turn back time.

she really didn't want to run away, but it was as if she had no control. running away was what she'd always known.

she heard creaks coming from outside her door.

"hey, kid." a groggy voice.

she was shocked to see her mom open the door, of all people. she had a blanket wrapped around her, eyes tired.

"oh...didn't know you were home."

"what's got you so messed up?"

"huh?" her mom gave her that mom look, resting her eyes as the answer was obvious.

"i could hear the floor creaking."

"oh..."

"i know we don't talk much, to be honest, i always feel guilty. i've tried to start dating again so someone could be here with you, but it's hard to work and do that at the same time."

"that doesn't matter..." she coughed to fill the awkward silence after her words. "i get it."

"i know it's not my place, but...if you need some advice i can try to help."