Chapter 55 - Ashley | Decision

"You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"- Martin Luther King, Jr

****

I lay in my bed and could not sleep. I didn't really try either, but that didn't matter now. Why do I always have to think about everything so damn much?

Overthinking sucks.

Can't I just shit on everything like Harry and just not care? But I did, I thought about our fight and how weird the day was in general. After I left we avoided each other and didn't talk about the photo I found in the office of the club even though it's important.

Why do I have the feeling that we always look for topics to argue about? I guess it's just because we can't stand each other, right? That's why we always fight. It just happens that way. We can't be civil.

My profession will always lead us to have different views on issues. So of course I couldn't keep my big mouth shut when he talked about the house and had to point out to him that the property was bought with dirty money.

Harry never tells anything private about himself and his friends and just when he talks about Niall's terrible past I only see before my eyes how many people had to suffer for that money and then I couldn't help but say it.

No wonder Harry snapped...Niall hardly had the choice to decide what he wants to do in his life and I condemn him for that. But what should I do? That's what I was taught.

Always see the bad in people and they won't disappoint you. Know what is right and wrong, you always have a choice. Niall made his when he went to Falling and chose the life of crime. But sometimes I hate seeing everything from an agent's perspective....

Harry and I still have to discuss the photo thing tomorrow, even though we're avoiding and ignoring each other right now. Now we finally have a lead we can follow. Maybe we even have to go back to the club for this, we'll see.

I just hope that tomorrow I won't be sore anymore and can move without wincing in pain every time. It only feeds Harry damn inflated ego when I show myself so vulnerable in front of him. That's why I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll feel like I always do and the burning between my legs will disappear.

However, the thing with my father what Harry had addressed this morning still occupies me. I know he's not the best father in the world, but at least he's not dealing guns or drugs like Falling. That's really the most disgusting thing. I will never understand how Harry can even sleep at night.

The problem is that now I have to think about the so-called "family deal" that our two fathers agreed upon, which led to all of this in the first place. I still don't know what that is all about. But I know it is the only reason I'm forced to work with Harry.