Chapter 57 - Ashley | Suffcoating

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."
- Laurell K. Hamilton

 Hamilton

****

It was cramped in the closet, but at least we had enough room to stand upright. I noticed Harry shifting restlessly next to me, but I couldn't see much because of the darkness.

My body was still tingling from the kisses Harry had spread on my neck, but I had no time to concentrate on that now.

Harry's breathing was getting audibly louder and I knew it wasn't because we were about to get caught. He's just not the type for that, he couldn't care less. Of course he would love to fight them, but we don't know to what extent the club and therefore the staff are connected to the Kiwi clan.

We can't risk being caught here in the office. Without a plausible explanation it's much too conspicuous and who knows maybe someone will recognize us. That's why the closet was our only chance.

But right now I'm thinking if it was a good idea at all...

"Hey, are you okay?" I whispered softly in the only direction where Harry could stand in this narrow space. But he did not answer. It was so quiet that I could hear him swearing softly, the sound of his irregular breathing filling the silence and I thought he was about to hyperventilate.

"I- it's so cramped in here." he gulped, the tremor in his voice unmistakable. "I have to get out."

But that was not possible. We couldn't get out without getting caught.

Wait...is Harry afraid of tight spaces? Is he about to have a panic attack right now?

I instinctively reached for his hand, feeling how hot he had become, a thin layer of sweat had formed on his skin and his whole body was shaking. The vibration of it passed over to me and I was about to say something when I heard the door suddenly open.

Shit, we weren't alone anymore.

Harry wanted to try to leave the closet, but I held him back. Some light came in through the slit in the closet doors and I saw Harry squint his eyes shut. When he opened them again a moment later, I saw panic flash through them.

 When he opened them again a moment later, I saw panic flash through them