Percy

"Percy!" My mom called. "Lunch!"

"Coming", I yelled back, dropping my phone on the mattress and making my way to the kitchen.

Mom was serving pasta on two plates. "Your stepfather isn't going to be back for awhile, so I thought we could spend some together."

I smiled. Any time I could get with just me and Mom, I would take it. "Thanks", I said, taking my plate.

We both sat at the island, putting our plates down and began to eat.

"So," she began, "is there anything I should know?

I looked up, confused. "About... what?"

"I was just wondering if there was something going on with you that I should know about."

Was she talking about what was going on with me and Gabe? I didn't intend for her to find out about that. She had enough on her plate without having to worry about this on top of everything. How did she even find out? 

I stared at her, probably looking like an idiot. Mom sighed, and smiled. "You know, Annabeth is a very pretty girl."

Oh.

 "You were talking about Annabeth?" I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck. So, there was nothing for me to worry about.

"Yes", she narrowed her eyes. I looked down at my food, and thankfully, Mom didn't ponder over my response.

"Well, Annabeth is... she's nice." I smiled. "She's pretty great, not gonna lie."

"Hmm." Mom looked at me. "And when are you planning on telling me about your trip together the other day?"

I felt my face go red. "Uh, um, about that-"

Mom laughed. "You looked like you two had fun together. I just didn't get time to ask about it."

I shrugged. "I offered to show her around, and took her to the amusement park. I tried to win her a plushie, but she did it herself." 

Mom laughed again at my 'I-give-up' face. "Of course. Anything else."

"We went around to a few arcade games, and then got on the wheel."

Mom gave me a concerned glance. "Were you okay with that?" She knew about my very small fear of heights.

"Yeah", I reassured. I was being honest. "I mean, it was scary at first, but the view was worth it. Plus, Annabeth was there."

She smiled. "That's good."

I smiled back. "It was a lot of fun, and we had a great time together."

"You two have gotten pretty close in a matter of a few days."

"Um, well", I didn't really know what to say to that. I've noticed how fast things were going too, and I've honestly been a bit concerned. 

"I don't know", I stabbed my pasta. "I don't really understand how I feel or what to do about it."

Mom gave me an understanding smile. "Go on."

I broke a pasta shell in half. "I mean, she's really nice. She's got this amazing smile, I love her eyes, and I love being around her too." I nibbled on the shell half. "She's so much fun to hang out with and talk."

"But it's only been 3 days." Mom finished.

I nodded quietly. 

"Okay. So you're worried that things are going a bit fast?"

I exhaled. "I really don't know what to do, I've never done anything about my feelings before, I haven't felt the need to", I admitted. "I don't want to inconvenience her either. She's sweet, but we don't know much and I want to get to know her better. I don't really want to rush into anything."

"That's good." Mom reassured. "It's good you want to get to know her better, it really is. And don't worry too much about speed, people are different and the sooner you understand that, the better. Whatever is going on between you two should make sense only to you two. Fix whatever it is that doesn't seem right, and trust your instincts going forward."

She clasped my hand over the table. "She's a great person, and you might be good for each other. Give it a chance, and see what happens."

I smiled, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles. "Thanks, mom."

A/N: I made the meme myself😉