16|Unfortunate Events

(Tommys pov)
I wake up again back in bed,again with a raging headache. My memory of the last time I was awake is blurry, but I think I can figure it out.

I remember waking up in the hospital and calling for Phil-But I-Holy shit I called Phil dad...And then I woke up again briefly in the car, and I heard Wilbur asking Phil if I was okay, and he said something about being worried about me?

Then it dawns on me. I cost them money. Hospital bills are expensive, and I made them worry, and the other day with the fight. It takes a few more minutes of thinking before I decide that I can't stay here anymore.

I grab the bag that I packed a few days ago, and I slowly opened my door. The house was quiet, the only noise I can hear is a show or something playing in what I think is Wilbur's room.

Getting downstairs and near the door is easy. Once I get close to the door I hear Wilbur's door open and hear him walk downstairs.

"Shit."I mumble to myself and try to hide in the corner.

I see Wilbur walk into the kitchen and grab a cup of water,and then go back upstairs. I take this opportunity to quickly open the door and run out, trying to quietly close the door behind me. I probably didn't succeed, but I don't care. I just run.

I run for a while, I can't tell how long. I find a park, next to a restaurant, and judging by my surroundings, I'm in at least the next town over.

Mission successful. I take a sip of the water I brought and waited until it got light out again.

That goes on for about a week,running for a while each day,drinking little to no water,and eating little bits of food. I can only imagine how horrible I look. I've barely slept, I probably look homeless.

Well,I am technically homeless. I wake up at 4am like I always do. The alarm has been the only use for my phone. Seeing as there are missing posters for me almost everywhere, I can't exactly next or talk to anyone.

I eat a little bit and take a sip of my now very warm water. Then I get up and begin walking, but before I can get very far, a police officer stops me.

"Where are your parents?"He asks.

"Back at home."

"And where would your home happen to be?"

"Uhh..."

"I'm gonna need you to come with me."

He brings me back to the police station and tells me to wait in one of the chairs. I assume my appearance must've attracted his attention.

"Hello."A police officer greets.

"Uh...Hi."

"My name's Puffy, what's yours?"She asks slowly.

"You don't need to talk to me like that. I'm not 5."

"What's your name kid?"She asks again.

I ignore her.

"Do you know why you're here?"She asks.

"Uh...No?"

"You don't look healthy. Is something going on at home?"

"Nope."

"Did you run away?"

"No."

"Hm. Were you kidnapped?"

"No."

"Can you please tell me your name?"

"Tommy,"I answer. I just want this to be over.

"Alright. I'll be right back, and I'll have someone bring you food and water."

Some random officer comes and brings me an apple and some water.

Puffy is gone for a good half hour, and then she comes back with some papers.

"Thomas Innit?"She asks,reading a name from
the paper, "Went missing from his foster family's house on March 5th, 2020, presumed to have run away."

I look down at the floor, ashamed.

"Is that you?"

"No."I lie.

"Would you like to call home,or should I?"Her voice doesn't sound mean or annoyed at all. It's like how Phil sounds all the time.

"You."

She leaves the room and I hear muffled talking.

What will they do? Phil will be really mad. Will he finally send me back?What if-

"Y'know you traveled a long way."Puffy speaking interrupted my thoughts."I thought you kinda looked like yourself but I figured it couldn't be you because of the distance."

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. It will be a few hours until they get here. Would you be fine with sitting in the break room?There's a TV in there you can watch if you want."

That's how I spend the next 3 hours. Watching random cartoons, and thinking about how my 'reunion' with the Mincraft's is gonna go.