Chapter 12|Never

(Philza's pov)
After my kids are in bed I sit in the kitchen for a few hours. I find my eyes on the phone a little longer than I'd like.

Techno was right.Tommy has been taking up a lot of our time lately,but that's because he's a kid!I'm not mad at Techno, I just...wish he watched Tommy today. I know Techno didn't mean what he said.

I want Tommys actual opinion on us.I could call his social worker?That'd work. I'll do that.

If Tommy really wants to leave then...I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I do know that I will never let anything bad happen to my new son. Never.

(Wilburs Pov)
I couldn't sleep.I can't believe Techno said that.Sure,Tommy's been a handful but he's a good kid!I remember that Jack once told me about Tommys 'brother', Grayson.

They had been close, then something happened to Grayson's dad, and Grayson's mom was forced to send Tommy back.

Jack said that Tommy still seemed to have a little bit of hope in families, until Grayson's family. This kid, who had gone through years of abuse and neglect, still had hope, and what finally broke him was being hurt by someone he loved.

Tommy has been staying with us for about 2 weeks.Almost 3.He had been starting to trust us. Over the past week, he started to be more open. Jack said he started to turn into his old self, and then Techno went and ruined it.

He'll trust us again right?He'll be able to make jokes and sit next to us as he did before. He'll be able to eat dinner at the table again.

And we will never, ever break his trust again. Never.

(Techno's pov)
I shouldn't have said it. As soon as I said it I regretted it, I was gonna apologize, but then Tommy heard, and I just-

I sigh and put my head in my hands. I should've walked back to the school with him. I could have prevented all this. Tommy doesn't trust us, of course, he's gonna take up a lot of time, and if I had just kept my mouth shut, he would have started to fully trust us soon.

I never wanted to hurt Tommy. Never.

(Tommy's pov)
I'm knew it. I knew it. They don't want me. They never did, I'm just something that Phil wanted and they were forced to go along with.

I trusted them.I actually trusted them,and this is what happened to me?This is like Julia all over again.

They're probably gonna try and give me a fake apology in the morning, but I won't accept it.No matter how nice any of them are, I, Tommy innit, swear to never, ever accept any of Minecraft's apologies. Never.