Chapter 19|Why.

(Tommy's pov)
      I just stood there, frozen, until Julia and Sam left.She...What?Sometime after that I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

      "Tommy?"I hear Phil ask quietly.

      "Did-Did you know?"I ask,turning to face him.

       "Yeah- I got a call about it a little bit after you...left."He hesitates.

       "I-I don't want to go back-"I let out a sob.

        "I'm sorry."He hugs me.

         "Dad?"I hear Wilbur ask."Can you tell us what's going on now?"

         "Later."

         "What's going on with Tommy?"Techno asks.

          "I'll tell you later,could you go get Tommy some water?"

           I sit on the couch next to Wilbur while Techno goes and gets me water. Once Techno comes back with my water, he sits down next to me.

        "So...What's going on?"Techno asks.

        "Last week...Tommy's mother called Sam.She wants to take him back."Phil explains quietly.

         "You're not gonna let her, right?"Wilbur asks, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

         "I can't do anything to stop it.We're just Tommy's foster family we don't have a say in this."

       "But- Tommy can do something to stop it- Right?"

        "I wish I could."

         "When is she taking him?"Wilbur sounds like he's about to cry.

         "Next week."

          Wilbur pulls me closer to him."I'm sorry."

          I'm crying now.