31st Chapter

I was in my chambers getting ready to go to Tower of Justice. Place from where we should look at Ibrahim being named as new Ottoman Sultan.

My heart still suffered from the news that Murad passed away, or that he was killed. I was so hurted, but I didn't allow myself to believe it until I see his body. I won't believe he is dead until I see his body.

"Mommy, are you fine?" I heard a voice calling me while I was crying in my chambers. I turned and saw Ismihan Kaya who was walking towards me. She calling me mommy made my heart warm.

" I am fine my love." I said as I removed tears from my eyes and took her to sit in my lap.

" Why are you crying mommy? I don't want you to see sad." she said and made a sad face to me. I kissed her cheeks.

" Everything is fine, I am not sad my love." I said to her and hugged her.

" Mom, where is father? When will he return from Baghdad? I miss him so much." my eldest son Selim said as he walked to Ismihan Kaya and me.

" Your father is fine, he will return soon." I said to them trying to hide the real truth. I didn't want to make my angels sad.

" Why will uncle Ibrahim become Sultan then? Isnt my father Sultan?" Selim asked me and my heart was breaking at that moment, they were still too young to know the real truth.

" He will be until your father returns." I said and tried to hide my emotions as much as I could.

" You will stay here with Nastya and Lalezar. You won't go out with anyone else. Selim, you are eldest. I want you to take care of all of your siblings." I said to him as I was afraid if anything bad could happen while the ceremony of naming Ibrahim as Sultan may happen.

" Valide, why are you telling that? I feel like something bad happened." Selim said to me. It made me feel even worse as I saw he is understanding the things, but he shouldn't know them yet.

" Everything is fine, I just want you to take care of them." I said and hugged him.

At that moment, someone knocked on the doors. Haci-aga came inside and signalised me to go with him. We walked to Murad's chambers where Silahtar was standing in front of.

" Sultana, there is a man named Mahmud-paşa. He went to Baghdad with Sultan Murad and he wants to speak only with you. I threatened him, but he didn't want to tell even a word to me." Silahtar said to me nervously.

I was afraid if this is one more of Kosem's plans to sabotage me, but now I had nothing to lose. I lost my Murad, I lost my everything.

" Take me to him. " I said and walked together with Silahtar to the man named Mahmud.

I saw him standing there with his head bowed, he was a janissary, and he looked alike like someone I knew, but I wasnt sure who.

" Mahmud, what do you have to tell me?" I asked him and then he raised his head and I saw a person I know. My brother, Dmitry. My brother Dima.

" Aleksandra." he said and hugged me. I couldn’t believe I found my brother after so many years. How many times I heard that he is dead, I didn't have any hope yet.

" Dima!" I couldn't believe this is him. Even though Silahtar looked at us confusedly, he soon realised that he is my brother.

" Aleksandra, Sultan Murad is alive. They tried to kill him and they stabbed him with a sword, but doctors helped him. Sultan is alive and he is on his way to Istanbul. He will arrive at ceremony of naming the new Sultan." Dima, now Mahmud, said to me and I couldn't believe what I heard.

" Murad... He is alive?" I said as I couldn't hide my happiness anymore. I knew something was weird to me, and I knew my Murad would get healthy and alive out of all this.

I went together with Gevherhan Sultana on the Tower of Justice. Kosem Sultana awaited us there together with Atike Sultana, and my sister Zarife.

Zarife measured me from head to toe proudly and raised her head. This wasn't my sister as I knew her. This was new person. New marionette of Kosem Sultana and new power hungry concubine.

Today was the day when Ibrahim should be named as Sultan of Ottoman Empire. Or at least what they thought it will be.

My prayers were that Murad would get here in the right moment to punish all those who sabotaged him and tried to kill him, with Kosem Sultana first.

At the same day I found out my brother and husband are alive, and I thought both of them are dead.

I knew I can't tell anyone what I knew, and it was even better like this. I knew the end of my enemies is near here.

All the janissaries were standing there bowed. All the soldiers including all of the new Grand Divan which Kosem named where there.

" Attention! His Imperial Majesty Sultan Ibrahim Khan!"

Ibrahim came outside and he seemed pretty confused. I knew he had mental illness, and what they did to him now made him even worse. He was just a marionette of his power-hungry mother.

Ibrahim came and sat on his throne while Viziers started to tell him who they are and present themselves.

At moment when Ibrahim should have speech to become Sultan, everyone turned around as they heard a voice: Attention! His Imperial Majesty Sultan Murad Khan Hazerzleri!

" What?" Kosem said shockedly as we all looked at Murad walking on horse with his army. All the soldiers turned to Murad and bowed to him, and confused Ibrahim got up from the throne in shock of what is happening.

" You wrote your death sentence, Kosem." I said to Kosem, not even adressing her as Sultana, while I looked at Murad proudly arriving at the Main Square.

" Hey traitors! How do you dare to pur a new Sultan on the throne while I am still alive?" Murad yelled as loudly as he could. Everyone was afraid of him. Ibrahim moved on the side and bowed to Murad.

" Everyone here will be punished! Everyone! Everyone who was into the plan of trying to kill me and then put my brother on the throne. All of you will get beheaded." Murad yelled as even the blood could frezze how scary he looked then. He was angry, but with a reason.

" You may have your husband return, but you should have better took care of your children, because if Murad kills Ibrahim or Osman, there will be no successor to the Ottoman throne." Kosem said to me and I looked at her in disbelief. My children?