Meeting Someone

The time has passed even quicker and I will be leaving for Los Angeles in a few weeks. I was mentally preparing myself, I had no one, except for Josh and uncle Ben, but they are in San Diego. Andy was in class, so I had time for myself. I dragged myself to Starbucks for no reason, maybe because I was bored and hungry. Anyways, it was packed, but I found an empty seat at the corner on the outside part of the shop. It was a nice day, so I didn’t refuse.

I sat there and occasionally watched the streets as if it was television. The world was never boring, but my sometimes is. I played with my phone for a while, and I was about to leave, but I didn’t feel like it, so I stayed. I was playing with my phone when someone approached me, “Excuse me?” He said, and I looked up. It was a guy around my age with dark blonde messy-styled hair and hazel eyes.

“Can I help you?” I asked politely,

“I was wondering if I could sit here?”

“Sure thing.”

“Thanks!” He smiled, and he is pretty cute. He grabbed a seat and sat, “It’s really full in here!”

“I know.”

“Sooo…” He started, “What brings you here?” He smiled, trying to keep a conversation,

“Hunger.” I answered shortly and he snorted, I let out a little laugh. “You?”

“My mom’s shopping… You know how it goes…” He chuckled lightly and shrugged. I nodded to show that I understood what he meant.

“You’re not from around here, are you?”

“How did know?”

“You don’t sound like you’re from around here.”

“Smart.” He nodded his head, “Where am I from?” He rested his elbow on the table and leaned his chin on his palm,

“The states?”

“Awesome. How?”

“Your accent. Where are you exactly from?”

“Los Angeles.”

“No way…”

“Why?”

“I’m moving there, in a few weeks to be exact. University.” He was about to say something but I interrupted, “What brings you to London?”

“Just a vacation. You?”

“It’s a long and complicated story and I don’t want to waste your time.”

“You don’t want to talk about it, do you?” He smirked as if he guessed the million-dollar question correctly, which is true, I don’t want to talk about it.

“Yes. I’m sorry, I just don’t want to- I just can’t.”

“That’s alright. I don’t have the right to invade your privacy.”

“Thanks… I guess…” I mumbled, “Anyways, who are you with?”

“Just my mom…” He cupped his both hands on the back of his neck,

“That is so sweet of you!” I said, slightly teasing him and he just laughed it off,

“What about you?”

“My brother studies here.”

“Only the two of you?” He raised his eyebrows and I just nodded in response, “He’s going to hate you when you move to Los Angeles!” He laughed, but I was a little offended.

“You don’t even know him.” I tried not to show my feelings and laughed along,

“I don’t, but I understand.”