Rainy Nights

I stepped outside her house and stopped. I tried to call Ryan ten times but his phone was off, it was as if he had disappeared into thin air. I literary can’t contact him at all. I gave up and started my long walk home, it took about ten minutes to get here by car, so it will take about fifteen minutes or more to walk. I tried to convince myself that Ryan will come tomorrow with an explanation, and if not then maybe I should keep my distance. My heart sank knowing that Ryan bailed on me; I was starting to trust him. I shrugged the thought away and focused back to the road. I started humming and drumming my fingers in my thigh as I walk to pass the time. Then, I felt something land my head. I stopped in my tracks and looked up, it started to drizzle. “Just great!” I mumbled to myself, and as if the God of thunder heard me, it started to pour. I looked around, trying to find a shelter but none of them were effective. I quickly pulled my hair into a ponytail and started to run for my life. I was dripping wet and cold when I found a bus stop. I was only wearing a sleeveless collared shirt with skinny jeans, I wasn’t surprise if I was cold, which I am. I sat down and pulled my legs up to my chest, hugging them tightly. I rested my chin on my knees and stared at the streets. It was almost deserted, only a car passed once at a time. I have a gut feeling that it’s going to be a storm and it’s going to last for a long time. I’m dripping wet and cold, and I was about to run again. My apartment is not far by now, take left in the corner. Before I stood up, I saw a tall guy run towards my bus stop. He was wearing a hoodie, and I had no clue who he was. He sat at the other corner, and I hugged my legs tighter. I caught the man staring at me from head to toe. I couldn’t see his face because his head was hung low. He slowly stood up and hesitantly approached me. I was ready to kick him in the gut, but as I was about to, he opened his hoodie.

            “Ally?” His eyes narrowed with puzzlement, and quickly changed into worried-anger. I felt the tense leave my body and my shoulders relaxing,

            “You scared me, I thought you were someone else!” He took a seat right next to me, without taking his confused gaze from me.

            “What are you doing here?” His voice was full of concern and annoyance,

            “I don’t really want to talk about it.”

            “Spill it, kid!” He said demandingly, “Why are you here? Where’s Ryan?”

            “He uh… Bailed…” I swallowed, “He uh… Left me so I’ve decided to walk home…” He pursed his lips disapprovingly,

            “Why didn’t you call me or the others?”

            “I didn’t want to bother.”

            “That’s a risky choice.” He stated with irritation, “Why did he leave?”

            “I don’t know, he was just gone.” I shrugged,

            “When I get my hands on that kid…” He mumbled with tensed jaws,

            “Pontius, don’t!” I hesitated, “He’ll come by tomorrow, I know it!”

            “Yea, and he’ll have to face me!”

            “Don’t scare him! I’ll handle him. I’m okay, see? Nothing’s wrong with me, I’m alright.” His face was really pissed off, so I tried to cheer him up. “Hey, don’t frown! You’re going to lose your looks!” I nudged his arm with my elbow, he snorted and started to chuckle.

            “Where did you get that from?”

            “One of Andy’s cheeky-mood-boosting lines.” I chuckled, “Everyone looks a lot better when they smile!” He cracked up for a moment and we became silent. “Are we going to wait until the rain stops?”