Chapter 4

“Oh Clarke I was hoping you don’t show.” With a clear shot to her head, Clarke will be gone.

***

CLARKE POV

My phone vibrates and ignore it. Whoever it is can wait. Something is off about this place. Why I can’t bring myself to leave is beyond me.

“Clarke get out of here.” Bellamy demands.

“His right if they have gone then you should as well before they send someone to clean up.” Raven jumps in. I know they are right but I feel something. There is something here. But what is it.

Just when I decide to leave a sharp sound rips through the walls. I more of feel it than hear it. The bullet splits my flesh open, knocking me off my feet. The pain stings as I roll on the ground trying to scan my surroundings which is just an open space. There is glass on the floor from the bullet that went through, hence the person must be somewhere around the buildings.

“Clarke?” I hear my name called back to back.

“Check the building to my left now.” I take a deep breath. If the person is still there and I stand, I may not be this lucky. “Someone just shot at me.”

“Are you alright, Murphy and Bellamy are heading there right now. Do you need help?”

“No, we don’t know what’s at play here.” Looking at my arm, blood is gushing out. I need stitches and clean it up before it gets infected. “It’s just a scratch,”

“Clear!” Murphy calls. “They seem to have left.” Just as the words leave his mouth I rush out of the building and head to my apartment.

Inside I find Octavia watching a movie like a normal person and we are far from normal. Holding my heart as it races back to its position. “You scared me.” I walk to the couch and she quickly helps me out of the jacket. “Did he send you?” meaning Bellamy.

“He cares for you but no. Raven told me what happened and I quickly came over. You shouldn’t be the only one sacrificing.” She takes my arm and examines it. “Pretty close.”

“It was on purpose.” I say closing my eyes. “they had a good target on me, a clean shot. And they didn’t.”

“What you saying.” Cleaning the wound now. I wince as she keeps at it like she’s washing her car.

“Either they were trying to scare me or….” Trailing off, wondering if my thoughts are coherent. Green eyes show themselves. My phone vibrates and I find two missed calls and three messages from Lexa.

LEXA 6:20PM

I’m at the coffee shop, can i drop by and maybe we can do dinner together.

LEXA 6:25PM

Alright never mind I guess you’re busy.

LEXA 6:45PM

Just in case you change your mind, call me. I’ll still be waiting.

This is when I was trying to stay alive. Octavia gasps as she reads the texts.

“That means it wasn’t Lexa. So it could be a security person.”

Makes sense that they will have someone keeping an eye on the place but it still didn’t feel right. “I need a shower.” Walking to the bedroom I reach for my front pocket. Pull out the bullet and twirl it between my fingers. Placing it under my nose, it smells of gun powder and metal and something famine but electrifying. Only Lexa smells like that.

Pulling out my phone I decided to text Lexa back. She must think I’m dumb, how dare she shoot me? Clarke angrily types away.

CLARKE 8:20PM