Chapter 2 "Discovery"

No one's POV

A small rustle could be heard near the ashes of the Woodlands Allegiance headquarters. The wind blew around the leaves and the fresh pines growing in the summer evening breeze. A silhouette appeared from the ashes and stood up. "I'm alive" the voice remarked with shock."Bramble Whims lives to see another day!" Bramble called out with glee

Sirocco's POV

My paws run along the old slightly rusted blade of Meadow's old cutlass. "I don't remember why I ever stopped training you with this" I told Meadow who stood beside me. "Well I sure do, and I have this scared hoof to prove it" Meadow said as she held out her hoof for me to see. Now I remember, she turned on me and I couldn't have let that go unpunished. "I remember now" I say. Meadow nods as she grabs the cutlass from my hands. I let her take it, I don't want to put up any fights right now. As Meadow swings around her cutlass, trying to regain the skills she used to have I step in front of the sword and catch her hoof. "I hate to interrupt, but I really must ask. What made you come back?" I asked her. "I missed you" she said with a slight grin pierce her lips. "Same, it's lonely around here... ever since Sod's untimely passing" I reply. Maybe, just maybe I can convince the crown that she's worth keeping around. I'll have to train her up a bit, sensitize her to the idea of killing. "Say, how do you feel about becoming a mercenary?" I ask. Her eye's light up with glee before she replies, "Oh yes". Opening a new beer bottle, I notice a little wooden sheep on the floor of the hallway. Curiously, I pick it up and examine it. The next thing that I feel is Meadow's hoof on my shoulder and her other hoof grabbing at the sheep. "That's not for you to touch" Meadow snaps as she pulls at it some more. I hold myself back from crushing the sheep in my paw. Although my grip is strong on it, I let her have it back. 

"I reckon that you should introduce yourself to the crown" I tell her with a smile on my face. "Introduce me to it? It's an object" Meadow replies as she shakes her head. "You must be more insane then I thought" she chuckles. Swiftly, I snap and grab my sword. Lunging towards Meadow, I throw her against the wall and raise my sword to her neck. "What did you call me?" I growl at her. A tear rolls down her face before she begins sobbing. I drop her from my chock-hold against the wall and clutch her muzzle in my paw. "Oh what's the matter?" I ask with a smirk. "Is castle life too much?" I add. God, what am I doing, I missed her so much and yet I'm back to tormenting her just like I used to do. The fact that I miss her and need her so badly doesn't stop me from asserting my dominance though. "No, it's just that. My sister once grabbed me like that. And it's triggering... some bad memories" she sniffles. I can't help but smile. "Oh no, we both have bad memories with our sisters. Oh well little lamb" I say as my claws slightly dig into the underside of Meadow's muzzle. She sniffles before questioning me, "you had a sister?" She asks. "I think you mean that I HAVE a sister, but she's living far away" I lie as I drop Meadow's muzzle from my paw. "Now, what do you say we get you introduced to the crown?" I ask with a wide grin and a crazy-eyed look.

New chapter tomorrow