Chapter 5 "Contain yourself."

A/N: woah, there's a chapter today :o. It'll probably be short considering it's 7am right now

Meadow POV

I can't take it anymore. These nightmares that whizz through my head keep me awake almost the entire night. I can't continue keeping in all my thoughts on what the crown told me. I can't continues containing myself. I need to wake Sirocco up. She'll know what to do... right?

Slowly, I get up from the couch she put me on and wander towards the door. It must still be night since nothing but starlight can be seen from out the small window in this room. I open Sirocco's door to see the mess that is her room. She should really clean it at some point soon,  broken beer bottles lay on the floor. Her blinds are torn and worn down. Clothes spill from her wardrobe onto the floor. Gently, I nudge Sirocco awake. "What is it?" She growls while rubbing her eyes. "You told me to come and wake you up if I needed you. Which I do, I gotta tell you about what the crown told me" I reply to her. Sirocco sighs and puts on her trench coat and a pair of jeans. She combs her red dyed side swiped mane to the side. "Alright, what's on your mind?" She asks me as she sits down on a chair across from me. 

"The crown told me that you were instructed to kill me, correct?" I ask. Sirocco nods. "The crown asked me how I think that it should punish you, Sirocco Everglades" I couldn't help but notice Sirocco's frozen posture. For someone with so much power, how could she be so afraid of a mere object. "I told it you shouldn't be punished at all" I add. Sirocco draws a quick breath before motioning for me to continue. "It then proceeded to ask me why it shouldn't kill me right now for not suggesting a method. I told it I was worth keeping around. It eventually got mad for some reason and dug a thorn into my throat. It wasn't a deep cut, but it's still a cut" I tell her. Sirocco shakes her head  "I'll need to have a talk with it" she replied to me. She begins to get up but I stop her and push her down onto her seat. "I accepted to take any sort of punishment that you would be getting. Then it told me to get familiar with killing. So you'll probably need to train me with the sword more often" I add. I didn't notice that Sirocco's mouth was wide open and that her eyes were widened with surprise. "Why would you do that for me? After all I've done for you" she asks me with a small tear in her eye, I've never seen her cry before. So this must have been special to her. "Because I couldn't live without you, I generally couldn't." I admit. It's true I couldn't, she gives me things to do, she'd given so much to me. It's much better to have a purpose such as working for her than to be a farmer for my family. Sirocco reaches across the small gap between our chairs and hugs me. I didn't expect that. "Do you want me to do the killing for you and I just give you the proof, or do you want to do it yourself?" She asks with a sniffle. 

I think for a moment before replying. "I'll do it myself, it's a useful skill to know how to kill someone around here" I tell her. Sirocco releases me from her hug slowly. "I'll train you with a sword first thing tomorrow, we have some business to deal with anyway. Get some rest" she says as she blows out the candle next to her.

New chapter tomorrow