Chapter 4 "Control"

A/N: I doubt there will be a chapter tomorrow, so enjoy two today. I hope you're enjoying the book so far :]

Sirocco POV

Meadow was walking towards me, a tad bit of blood poured down her shirt. I could only imagine that it's from what I did. "How'd it go with the crown?" I ask. She glares and grabs my tie, pulling me forwards in the process. She yanks me down to her eye level, "why the fuck would you want me to meet the crown!?" She screeches. I hate to say it, but she's scaring me a bit. This isn't the Meadow I know, the Meadow I know is meek. But maybe, just maybe, this is a better improved version of her. One who has endured loss, one who understands me better. Gently, I grab a handkerchief from my pocket and whip her throat where the blood was running down. "I-I, had to" I stutter out. As I whip her throat, I notice that there's a little cut on it. I didn't do that did I?.

Meadow pulls back her hoof to deliver a blow to my face. I wait for it to hit, but yet there's still nothing. "Tell. Me. Why" she orders. I sigh and finally give in after a moment. "The crown knew you were getting in on the crown and my little deals and conversations. It told me that I had to kill you to keep it's power secret. I didn't, I thought if I introduced it to you... maybe it won't make me kill you" I admit. Meadow's fist loosens a bit, but her grip around my neck doesn't. "I-I'm sorry." I say. To my surprise, instead of her striking me, she hugs me tightly. Not knowing what to do, I awkwardly hug her back. "I appreciate that you spared my life" she says with a sniffle. My shoulder gets a little damp, so I assume she's crying. "I know, I did it for you. You have a much brighter future than anything I'll ever have. So I couldn't end it there" I say as I hold her tighter. "Thank you, you really have no clue how much this means to me" she weeps. I was right, she was crying. I haven't felt a hug or any other positive contact ever since my mother died. 

Gently, I life her head from my shoulder and dry her tears with my sleeve. "No need to cry, please. Feel free to tell me anything that's on your mind" I reassuringly tell her. When I first met her, I knew she'd be the strong one of the Shepherd lambs. And she was, but she was always very emotional. It's just like the old days. When I'd had a lamb with me at all times. When I'd tried to learn how to comfort someone, when I'd tried to learn how to take care of someone. Maybe I'm not as heartless as I though. Maybe I'm not a monster.

I guide a teary-eyed Meadow through the halls and up to a room across from my chamber. The velvety chairs in there shone in the moonlight coming in through the window. I sat her down and dry her tears with my sleeve one last time before covering her in a blanket. "I'll be across the hall if you need me" I say as I brush some wool from her eyes. Meadow nods and tells me goodnight. "Get some rest, I have some questions for you tomorrow" I say before I walk out. "Good night" Meadow mumbles, "Good night" I reply before closing the door and walking to my chamber.

New chapter out on Saturday (June 5th) at the latest