Chapter 9 "Alone"

Sirocco POV

Meadow's cries rung in my ears. I've heard it before, it's pretty harrowing. I've heard it in nights in the castle, I've never known why she'd been crying. But I still knew that she was. My paws weren't bolted very tightly to the floor, so I could move the position of my arm. And I could slink down and have an extended grip. I leaned over towards Meadow and barely, just barely gripped the cleaver in her thigh. I pull it out slowly, since I can't do it quickly. Blood runs down her leg and soaks her wool red. "Shhh, it's okay. It's okay, we gotta be quiet though, so that any wolves around here won't know we're awake. Especially so Rapids doesn't come back" I reassure Meadow in a soothing tone. "The thing that kills me though, is that we're alone. It's been just you and I together for the past decade. No one else, so that means there's no one else to help us" she declares. She's right. There's not much we can do, we just need to think of a way out. Like a flash, it hits me. "What if, when they take us out of our shackles to eat and when they change the cuffs. We fight back, maybe beat the shit out of some of them. Then we make our run for it" I whisper to her. "Makes sense. Although, are you sure you can handle it? With your legs and all that they've done?" Meadow replies. "I'll sure try" I respond as I shake my legs awake.

New chapter tomorrow (sorry about this one being short)