Chapter 8 "Torture"

Meadow POV

What they did to Sirocco was terrifying. Rapids slammed her in the back of her knees with her axe. Chinook kicked Sirocco in the chest and nose. I assume she broke some of Sirocco's ribs due to her throwing up right after. The broken lump next to me barely looks anything like her. She's been sleeping for the past day or so. Gently, I try to nudge her awake with my foot. They only chained my hands down, so I can still move more or less. Sirocco jolted awake at the slightest touch. "Good morning. How's your chest?" I ask. Dried blood is crusted to her chin, so I assume she was throwing up while I was asleep. "Aw...ful" she stutters out. "There's not much I can do about that unfortunately" I reply. "W...hen they do y-you, pl-ease try.. to not reveal any-thing much" she adds. Sirocco looks terrible, and she sounds even worse. She can barely say a single word without stuttering or stopping. Her chest rises ever so slightly and then falls quickly. Her breathing has no rhythm with it either. 

Sunlight shines in through the tiny window at the top of the room. Groans and whining can be heard from the other cells down the hall. This place is a living hell. Suddenly, something caught my eye. Why is there a drain in this cell? Why would a cell need a drain. Until it hit me, we'd be here much longer than a few days. So we'd need to do our business somehow. They need to drain the blood from here anyway. Their not very good at washing these cells though. Blood coats the walls and floors. Blood that I don't think is ours. I didn't notice Chinook approaching until she was right in front of our cell. "I hate doing this to you, y'know?" She says to me. "But your friend Sirocco insisted upon making life difficult" she adds. Sirocco's ear twitches quickly, I can't imagine what nightmare she must be fighting right now, Sirocco looks so defenceless for a coyote. "It's your turn" Chinook interrupts my thoughts. She swings open the door and trots over to me. "I don't think there's any need to take you out of your cell right now" she says as she fiddles with her paws. She pulls open her leather jacket to reveal dozens of razor sharp knives strapped inside. "Now tell me, which one tickles your fancy?" She asks with a slight smirk. 

"I'd rather you didn't use any of them at all" I blatantly reply. Chinook let's out a low chuckle. "That's not an option. So I guess I'll decide for you" she replies. Her claws run along the blades before she makes her decision. A cleaver. She leans down towards me and jokingly traces around my heart with the blade. "I'd rather not start with something so lethal" she frowns. "How about your arms?" She asks. I don't reply, instead I stare her directly in the eyes. "I'll take your silence as a yes" she declares. She runs the cleaver along my right arm, drawing a thing line of blood. I cry out in pain, waking up Sirocco. "Hello Sirocco, it's nice to see your awake. Sheep and I were just playing a little game. The game is simple, I ask questions. And if she doesn't provide a satisfactory answer. I cut a little deeper into her" she explains. The knives rattle as Chinook moves around. "So, tell me. Where is the castle key?" She asks as she sharpens the cleaver along the cobble floor. "I-It's buried in the ground outside the castle garden" I lie. "Is that so? I'll need to go and check." She answers. "Hold this for me please?" She asks as she plunges the knife into my thigh. A let out a shrill cry of pain as she delightedly smiles. 

New chapter later today