Family FaceTime

The day Emily and Calvin conversed again for the first time since their break up, he couldn't help it anymore. Getting to see her again and talk was horribly painful for his heart, yet it intensified how badly he wanted her back.

He had to un-break up with her.

Before he could come up with an actual plan, his twin sister, Kelsey, dropped in with a video call.

When he picked up, he could tell she was already laughing, "Why do you have that dumb look on your face?"

What dumb look? If she was referring to the look of newly found determination to fix his relationship, then he'd wear it proudly.

"I talked to her today," he admitted.

"Emily?" She screeched, "Dude!! She cheated!"

Well... technically she did, but after talking to Sarah, he realized fully that Brandon was mostly to blame. Emily obviously took some part in it, but Sarah told him that she wouldn't even look in Brandon's direction or deal with him in any aspect after they kissed.

Emily was absolutely positive that she was over him. He believed her.

"Don't worry, she's not a cheater," Calvin reassured his obviously concerned sister, "That will never happen again. I could tell."

She continued to glare at him through the screen.

Okay, maybe he was a mess the entire time he was home and literally broke down in front of his entire family when they asked if Emily was visiting that summer.

He truly couldn't get over her. Plus, he didn't technically break up with her. He called it a "break."

So it was time to end it, if Emily was ready for that at least.

"I still really really-" he tried to express, but he always had trouble saying the words, "well, you know."

"Love her?" Kelsey groaned, but took a breath. "Be careful, please. If she hurts you again, I'm kicking her butt."

There Kelsey went again with the dramatic violent responses to anything. Calvin couldn't help but laugh though, although he'd never let Kelsey do that to Emily.

"She won't," he chuckled.