Birthday Party

Emily's Point of View

So sometimes I don't quite think through my decisions, but I really didn't think it'd be that big of a deal. I mean, forgetfulness doesn't feel like the world's cruelest concept, but to certain people in certain situations, it makes for quite the inconvenience.

A certain inconvenience could seem small for some people, and entirely mortifying for others.

The certain someone who was on the receiving end of my forgetfulness just so happened to have a horrible case of social anxiety.

After my friend Avalon left the party, I decided to begin heading out as well. Earlier that day, Calvin asked if I wanted to drive down to the beach for a night out after Quinn's party, offering to pick me up whenever I was ready to go. He also told me to take my time, being the gentleman he was.

We dumbly agreed to text each other when we were ready, both forgetting I did not have a working phone currently. Luckily, my best friend was a weirdo with a landline she let me use whenever. The only issue with that was how I did not happen to have Calvin's number memorized.

"Happy birthday Quinn!! Hope you liked my present!" I told my best friend, giving her a quick hug. I'd been there most of the day anyway, so I was sure there was only a couple hours left. "By the way, you have Calvin's contact, right?"

"Wait, you're leaving?? Lame!" Quinn playfully smacked me, laughing, "I don't think so, but doesn't Sarah have it? Oh, I've gotta say bye to her before she heads out too!"

I had to admit, initially I'd been annoyed that Mia was always with Sarah, rarely ever letting us hang out and do all the random sister day mall trips we used to, but at times when I was having my own life with separate friendships and going on da...

I had to admit, initially I'd been annoyed that Mia was always with Sarah, rarely ever letting us hang out and do all the random sister day mall trips we used to, but at times when I was having my own life with separate friendships and going on dates, it happened to be incredibly convenient.

In fact, she hardly needed to talk to me all day. I was proud of how well Sarah was doing in such a big social setting, and was actually thankful of how Mia was including her so well.

"Oh no, that's okay, she's having a blast with your cousin and her friends. She'll be fine, I'm sure Mia can take her back," I gestured toward the backyard.